Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly certain the lock post is going too high when the door unlocks when I put it in park. It seems to correct itself if you press down on the lock manually, it sounds/feels like there is an extra click.

Anyone else run into this or have an idea on how to fix it? Is there an adjustment or a something that prevents the lock from traveling too far?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
Problems with door locks/latches/handles aren't uncommon, though I don't recall seeing exactly the situation you describe. You'll have to get inside the door to see what's going on.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I figured there was no avoiding that. Anything goofy on the design in there? Or is it still the basic rod and actuator design?

Only thing i am not sure off is how it feels mechanicly disconnected until the lock is pushed slightly.

·
Registered
03 CTS, 2010 CTS AWD DI
97 Posts
I am having a problem with my PS rear door. It will not open most of the time and feels as if the door handle is actually disconnected. This happened to the driver side front door once in the bitter cold of a Michigan winter. I tried it a few more times and finnaly it opened. That was only a one time event but the PS rear door continually does it.

This sounds similar to what OP is saying. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
I am having a problem with my PS rear door. It will not open most of the time and feels as if the door handle is actually disconnected. This happened to the driver side front door once in the bitter cold of a Michigan winter. I tried it a few more times and finnaly it opened. That was only a one time event but the PS rear door continually does it.
The front door lockout in cold weather may be due to water getting in and freezing up the latch...

SB-09104 Description: CADILLAC SERVICE CAMPAIGN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. FRONT DOOR LATCH FREEZING. WATER ENTERS THE LATCH HOUSING AND FREEZES. MAY NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN THE FRONT DOORS USING THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE, OR THE DOOR MAY NOT LAT

PIC-5083 Description: CADILLAC: FRONT DOORS MAY NOT OPEN OR CLOSE DURING COLD WEATHER. ONE OR BOTH FRONT DOORS MAY NOT OPEN USING THE OUTSIDE RELEASE HANDLE IN SUBFREEZING TEMPERATURES. THE DOOR CAN ALWAYS BE OPENED USING THE INSIDE RELEASE HANDLE. ONE OR BOT

...as for rear door, sounds like something truly broken. I don't have first-hand experience, but lock/latch/handle/switch failures are an all-too-common thread. Does the door open from the inside? That might be a clue, but imagine you have to get inside the door in any case.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I opened up my door to check things out. Nothing looked out of place. I oiled up the linkage and contact points and i guess wait and see.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,449 Posts
The post by "Johnathan Bennett", from a small town in India, has been spam cleaned and the OP is permabanned. Be very careful when clicking on embedded links.

Note that the post was in reply to a thread that has been dead for 4 1/2 years.

Joseph Upson mistakenly perpetuated the link in his quote. It has been edited.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,066 Posts
The post by "Johnathan Bennett", from a small town in India, has been spam cleaned and the OP is permabanned. Be very careful when clicking on embedded links.

Note that the post was in reply to a thread that has been dead for 4 1/2 years.

Joseph Upson mistakenly perpetuated the link in his quote. It has been edited.
I noticed from the start it was a post to an old thread and decided to make a joke of it as opposed to typically pointing out how old the thread is. That always bothers me, because an active member is available to respond to any post they've made, no matter how old it is. To me, the thread being old is irrelevant if the subject is current. Why did you choose to finger me as a perpetuator, instead of saying, "I (Submariner409) accidentally let some spam (non sliceable) slip through and put members at risk.". I guess rank has its privileges. Glad you were able to catch it before someone responded with a special number to call for the circumstance I proposed.

You italicized my name to giving me special recognition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts