Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals! Anyone have any idea how to replace the black trim piece that goes up the exterior side of the doors? It’s the vertical piece in the middle when the doors are shut. Number 2 in the diagram. Cheap part but what all is entailed in getting it on? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Premium Luxury
106 Posts
Is it broken? chipped? cracked? You could get the chrome pillars to cover it

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
It’s cracked. I want the car to stay pretty factory so the chrome wouldn’t work but a decent idea. It’s so hard to find how to install these parts.

·
Registered
XT5
485 Posts
The dull finish on older black plastic trim can be made glossy with the plastic or rubber finish restoration products, for a while.

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,076 Posts
The dull finish on older black plastic trim can be made glossy with the plastic or rubber finish restoration products, for a while.
Can you share the name of products that have given you respectable results?

·
Registered
321 Posts
The stuff GM recommended for the cladding on the Avalanche was called Armor-Dillo TS-1. Stuff does work good, but you should use a good cleaner first, as this is more a dressing and sealant, and follow the instructions exactly with the wet cloth, etc. The finish lasts a good 3 to 6 months. Subsequently, I've seen folks recommend other more common alternatives, but I don't believe in any side by side comparison that any of those lasted nearly as long. Armor-dillo.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.