Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
I'm having a situation that my POWER door lock button works haphazardly on my '93 Allante. Sometimes they work and other times nothing. When they DON'T work, I hear a relay clicking somewhere. I can lock doors with key with no proiblem. Does anyone know why this occurs? Does it have anything to do with key or gear selector? Maybe not a good signal thinking either or both are not in the correct position?
Also, when locking car manually with key, does the theft alarm come on? I don't see light flashing when locked manually.
Thanks for any help.
Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One lock fails or both ? Might just need lubrication, are 30 years old.
The POWER locks work whenever. That includes BOTH buttons or the power CENTRAL lock system with the key. Today they worked two times in a row. Nothing after that. The manual mechanical part works fine with the key.
Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a bad switch. Driver and Passenger side the same ?
Both doors have the same symptoms.
Another question.... Is there a way to push the trunk button in the console and not have the lid cycle and close before I can get to the trunk? It is so aggravating. Even when I use the key, I have to catch the lid before it catches and pulls down.
Rob.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,598 Posts
Never noticed that on mine, will check. Am putting some microswitches in the ashtray - don't smoke and the buttons in ther console takes three hands to get to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts