Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this should be a quickie for the pros who spread knowledge on this forum. ok, so my door locks started acting out.

at first they wouldnt lock, i was gonna wait to deal with it due to financial issues but now the motor/ actuator, or whatever it is constantly runs, so i pulled the fuse ubderneath the steering wheel, didnt work.

I then took the fuse out underneath the glove compartment, this made all of my locks freak out and not a single one of them work, and whatever was running in the driver's side door is now running in all of them.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
which # fuse did you pull on the I/P? Obviously, you found the right one behind the glove compartment since none of your locks worked after you pulled it.:histeric:(no I'm not making fun of you :duck:).

Listen tho' for now I can recommend one of 2 things. either unplug the whole doorlock relay assembly which is mounted on the bracket of the relay center itself. (that's the one behind your glove compartment) or go into the offensive door and unplug the little motor for that door only. I presume you can still lock the car manually, right?

·
Registered
1993 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AmenCaddy, you were right! I did exactly what you said and they stopped running, i'll get the problem fixed soon but this was good enough for now, especially since i still have my viper alarm as back-up!

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Yeah your theft deterrent system is definitely disabled with that relay module unplugged. glad u have the back-up. and at least your battery won't be discharged by the PL motors running rampant.

U are like me- lots of little thingies unplugged till I can afford to fix. BUT at least I can drive it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts