Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 sls and when i unlock my doors only the driver door unlocks and locks the others do nothing even when i use the button on the door itself nothing any help would be great its driving me nuts

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pulled the dtc cleared all the codes now the the doors unlock but dont lock and still dont work with the buttons on the door panel just my keyless

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac SLS
139 Posts
I had this problem on my driver's door. I tested the door switch and it was good. That's pretty easy--do it first. Just use a multimeter and check for continuity. If you have bad door switches, cleaning the contacts etc., might fix them. I had to take the locking mechanism out of the door (what a pain in the butt), clean the electrical contacts, disassemble it, and grease the gears. Works great now, but it was a lot of work--most of which involved getting it back in. Hopefully you have narrow hands and skinny arms. There's a thread somewhere on the board about how to remove locking mechanisms. It's fairly self-evident but getting the door panels off is not. There are some tricks.
Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts