Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS. black,18" STS polished rims, V grill
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had this problem with the coating on their interior door handles? I have not taken it into the dealer yet to see if it would be under warranty. It is an '07.
I spelled flakeing wrong!!!! flaking sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I had that exact problem on two of my doors (2003). There's a thread about it somewhere in here. They ended up replacing them under warranty. I then noticed that they didn't match, so brought back and complained. They said they needed to paint them to match and that it was an oversight. I was skeptical because it doesn't look like a painted part to me. Anyway, they did paint and get them to match and it has been fine ever since. the replacements ones are not exactly the same - they do not seem to have the same rubberized feeling. I prefer the original ones, but the replacement ones are ok (and definitely looked better than the peeling).

-GT

·
Registered
Cadillac
47 Posts
I have an 04 cts and that happend to mine on the driver side only.. never thought somethin like that would be under warrenty be next oil change ill have to mention it.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I had the same problem. The dealer offered to replace all of the door panels or they had someone who would come in and refinish them. I elected to have them refinished in order to save time and to be sure everything would still work. They also told me if I wasn't happy with refinish they would still repalce the door panels. I picked up the car the next day and the refinish looks better than the original. They still have the rubberized finish and there are absolutely no signs of a repair.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I have an 04 cts and that happend to mine on the driver side only.. never thought somethin like that would be under warrenty be next oil change ill have to mention it.
Oh for sure!!! They'll replace pretty much anything under warranty! Or at least repair it to like new condition.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts