Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i never take the car to the airport when i fly out, but last week my wife had to get an inspection and get new tags on my truck.... so i take the V and park it in the parking garage far far away from everyone else....

WOULD'NT YOU KNOW IT... i come back with a door ding on passenger side rear door. I can get the paint off NP with the porter cable.. but the ding! DRIVES ME CRAZY every time i see it. I googled and tried the blow dryer followed by upside down can of air, which did seem to help a lot because i had to look harder to see if it was still there.

My question is, if i take it to a paintless dent removal, how likely are they to get it out 100%?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
I just had my passanger side door fixed because someone hit it with a door and for $80 the fixed it perfectly.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
This one's estimate is 2900.00 :mad2:

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
The guy wasn't paying attention to the painted striping for the lanes, and when it curved in the road, he did not and came into my driver's side rear quarter. He told his insurance company that I came into his lane and they were going to deny liability for the accident (go figure). However they didn't count on the fact I run a video camera in the car most of the time and I had video of the accident showing clearly that I was still in my lane when he impacted me. After seeing it they called me back and said they would accept the liability. ;)

This is actually one I made several months back showing how folks just pull out / over in front of me acting like idiots and why I stuck the camera in.

The investment in the camera and mount is 275.00 (the camera writes to flash memory, SDHC). Which if I would not have had to show this guy was lying, I would be out the 500.00 deductible and a possible increase in my rates. It just payed for itself.

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
The guy wasn't paying attention to the painted striping for the lanes, and when it curved in the road, he did not and came into my driver's side rear quarter. He told his insurance company that I came into his lane and they were going to deny liability for the accident (go figure). However they didn't count on the fact I run a video camera in the car most of the time and I had video of the accident showing clearly that I was still in my lane when he impacted me. After seeing it they called me back and said they would accept the liability. ;)

This is actually one I made several months back showing how folks just pull out / over in front of me acting like idiots and why I stuck the camera in.

YouTube - Driving in Dallas

The investment in the camera and mount is 275.00 (the camera writes to flash memory, SDHC). Which if I would not have had to show this guy was lying, I would be out the 500.00 deductible and a possible increase in my rates. It just payed for itself.
What camera / mount are you using?

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
What camera / mount are you using?
The mount I use is the Cruise Cam headrest mount as it goes in and out easily enough.

http://www.soloperformance.com/CruiseCam-Headrest-Camera-Mount_p_109.html

The video camera is a Samsung SC-MX20.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10981660

A battery charge is good for about 2.5 hours of recording time, and an 8 gig SDHC card will store over 3 hours of video in the highest quality mode. (saves them as an mpeg4)

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Those drivers aren't unique to Dallas. Raleigh is notorious for having a mix of people from New Jersey driving with country bumpkins come to town with a bunch of clueless soccer moms thrown in. None of them know how to drive.

I swear that one day, I'm going to buy a beat up old '68 Impala, spray paint it flat black, fill the fenders full of concrete, and just plow into the idiots who pull out in front of me. It's not like a '68 Impala is going to stop very fast anyway. For added effect, I'd get the custom license plate "VLAD"... as in Vlad the Impala. Get it? (insert moans and groans here...)

All I'd have to do is carry a can of flat black spray paint in the car. I'd just spray over the scrape and the car would be good as "new".

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
Those drivers aren't unique to Dallas.
Definitely not. Bad driving is everywhere, just some places worse than others.

It's not like a '68 Impala is going to stop very fast anyway. For added effect, I'd get the custom license plate "VLAD"... as in Vlad the Impala. Get it? (insert moans and groans here...)
:histeric:

·
Registered
STS-V
393 Posts
I like the camera idea. Only problem here in Chicago is that I would have to download the MPEGs daily. I can not remember a single day where at least one idiot hasn't pulled out in front of me, changed lanes without warning, or just decided to stop and let the butterfly go past his/her bumper. Add to that all those applying make-up, texting, or trying to juggle a cheeseburger, their cellphone & the steering wheel and you have a recipe for disaster. Moron ran the red light in front of me on the way to work this morning. typical day in Chicago.

Bob

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
I like the camera idea. Only problem here in Chicago is that I would have to download the MPEGs daily. I can not remember a single day where at least one idiot hasn't pulled out in front of me, changed lanes without warning, or just decided to stop and let the butterfly go past his/her bumper. Add to that all those applying make-up, texting, or trying to juggle a cheeseburger, their cellphone & the steering wheel and you have a recipe for disaster. Moron ran the red light in front of me on the way to work this morning. typical day in Chicago.

Bob
Yeah it's a daily fiasco in probably most population concentrations these days. But the camera serves as a good independent witness for an accident or some other event in case it's needed. :)

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts

YouTube - Driving in Dallas

what the hell was that mini van thinking??? that looked like an insurance scam if i saw one!! love the camera :D..good work with the insurance, they didnt expect that one!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts