Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way possible to turn it off, every time I turn the car off and open the door this damn thing dings for what seems to be forever. I've turned the volume down through the radio setting, but its still annoying, what else is there I can do?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
I don't think you can turn it off short of unplugging the amplifier in the trunk, which then turns off all audio entirely.

That's be a safety no no if talking to the USDOT.

Aside from that, why is it dinging? Mine doesn't ding unless something is left on.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
You likely have a door module fail. The reason it is complaining is it thinks the keyfob is in the car and the door is closed. The door module has two switches inside.
If the are not both closed or open at the same time, strange problems happen. You are likely not getting the automatic lock after you shut the door as well because
it thinks the door is already closed. Play with the door module mounted on the door. It needs to fully snap back to the up position when you open the door.
Door module is an all in one unit which has the lock motor, switches for dome light ect... all in one and is opened and closed by the door stryker.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only dings when I turn the car off and open the door, its more loud and annoying than anything else, but I can live with it until I take the door panel off.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
You can try to spray a small amount of wd40 in the door lock module and work the movable part. Mine lasted about 3 weeks. Will be replacing it soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts