Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 cadillac fleetwood brougham
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this morning I got in the car, had the drivers door open I put the key in the ignition and I didn't hear the chime that would remind you your keys were still in the ignition. I didn't think anything of it so I turn the key to the run position and still no chime. I started the car up and drove off I got to the end of the street turned my signal on and it did absolutely nothing, the turn lights weren't on outside the vehicle nor the inside on the dash cluster.

To fix the problem I put the car in park turned it off, pulled the key out and put it back in and my door chime started working and my turn signals worked as they should!

just want to point out that this happens once and awhile not everyday. I just want to know if anyone has had this problem.

·
Registered
1984 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
283 Posts
I currently have an electrical problem that is causing my chime to disappear occasionally. It started happening after I had my oil pressure problem looked at. They said the wires were stripped by the oil pressure switch. It looks like the mechanics taped it up, and now my oil pressure indicator doesn't always come on, and when my oil pressure indicator doesn't come on, my chime ALSO does not come on. I think I happened to be browsing my shop manual and found a diagnostic chart for fixing the chime. If I can find it again, I'll post it for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts