Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2001 SLS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished removing and replacing the driver side front door check and it went great, no more annoying creaking noise. I replaced the rear drivers side and it went smoother than the front except..........after reinstalling everything the door will not close now!!!!. Is the front check the same as the rear? The replacement looked a little different than the check I took out, did I do something wrong? Please help, I am going to remove the new one and reinstall the old one soon unless there is something else I can do. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2001 SLS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are definetly not the same, I removed the one I put in the back, reinstalled the old one and replaced the passenger front side. Easy enough to do but hate to do things twice. Thanks for the new part number, I am going to order 2 for the back.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2001 SLS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered pair for the rear, came out to $45.00, so all four doors cost me about $107. Not bad, it's worth a lot more not to hear that annoying creaking sound anymore. Thanks to all who helped and posted pics!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts