Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove the passenger side (RHD, so your drivers side) door card on my 2000 STS yesterday to replace a blown BOSE speaker.

First, thanks to those who have posted on here about how to do it (as I would never have worked it out).

Lift up the leather flap behind the door pull to remove 2 screws.
Remove the plastic plate behind the chrome door handle and remove that screw.
Undo the screw on the bottom of the door card.
Pull the edges and off it pops (careful to unhook the handle cable and unplug the electrical connector) and then just lift off the window ledge.

Normally door cards are a sod to get off the window ledge, and they're a complete nightmare to put back on.
But this one was SO easy.

And so far it's not rattling either. Very solid (weighs more than any other door card I've ever had to carry), neat design.

What would be handy is a sticky of how-to's with regards to common tasks like this as I found a post on it, then when I came to do the job couldn't find it again and spent ages searching.
What do you think?

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll start a thread.

I'm curious as to what parts are different as the RHD specific parts are very expensive and I'd like to order US parts directly wherever possibl..
I paid $450 for the drivers side door mirror glass (just the glass).

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Man that is high. Was your Caddy born RHD drive, or is a conversion by someone like Tickford? I looked in to making my Mustang RHD just to have something no one else would have here in the states, and it actually isn't all that bad. There is even a kit for it availible. I'm selling the car now though. The dash design lends it's self to an easier conversion.

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cars were made by Cadillac in the USA in RHD as far as I am aware.

A company in the UK sells US trucks and Mustangs in RHD in the UK.
They charge an additional $8,500 for it on top of the $46,500 they ask for a LHD Mustang GT V8 Premium (with the upgraded interior packages).

·
Registered
76 Eldorado Conv 2001 STS
12 Posts
Snap!

I'm in the UK with a RHD STS and a blown drivers door speaker, where did you manage to get hold of one from.

·
Registered
76 Eldorado Conv 2001 STS
12 Posts
Right yeah

Never thought to try them and their only 20 miles away, I've been trawling EBay in the states looking for one.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
The cars were made by Cadillac in the USA in RHD as far as I am aware.

A company in the UK sells US trucks and Mustangs in RHD in the UK.
They charge an additional $8,500 for it on top of the $46,500 they ask for a LHD Mustang GT V8 Premium (with the upgraded interior packages).
Not surprised by the price. I know in AU they fetch well beyond 100k AU after conversion. There is a company here in the states that buys these on the cheap. I recently saw a 95 GT converted to RHD for only 8k US. I'd buy that car and import it and save a ton. I hear though Ford is eyeing the world market and will build RHD cars for export for the new Mustang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts