Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this at GMForums and caddyinfo.com and never has one person made a reply. First I asked where the door sensor was. No reply. Also asked how the door actuator is held in/removed for a 92+ Eldorado. Again no reply.

I had a problem where everything stayed on because the car thought the door was open no matter what. The driver side power lock also wouldn't work. I found out that the actuator is actually moving it's body instead of the pole connected to the lock. That is the problem. Also the sensor is what the upper cable on the actuator is for. I removed it today and the alarm went off.

If anyone has any information on the installation of the actuator this would help me greatly. Does anyone think a Chilton's manual would have this information?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Chiltons manual= useless.....

If you wanna do it right, get the FSM.... Its worth it.....

Anyway, i cant help you for sure, but if you go to www.carstereohelp.com they have pictures on there that may give you some help.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also I noticed someone having a problem in the Eldorado section. If I hold down the actuator with my hand then the power lock will work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's something on the back side. I searched the threads and saw this "found the problem , appers to be a engineering problem at gm , there is a plastic rod that comes out of the soleniod and out to the area where the lock rod (that goes up the key tumbeler) goes on , at this area there is a rubber cup that fits into what looks like a plastic cam , the rubber deteriorates causeing the plastic rod (fromt he soleniod) to come out of its joint so the rod that comeout of the soleida just flops about when you press the button , i guess mine was going in and out of socket like the hips of a woman pregant for quints

ill post pics later"

but he didn't post pics or described how he fixed it. I don't know if it's held in by screws or rivets...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
This might sound stupid but after all this time, have you thought of opening up the the other door that works and look at how the working unit is assembled?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a stupid question because some people don't try much before giving up or care to think of many solutions on their own. I had opened up the other side and can't really see what's holding it in. That door does not have as much metal covering it's view as the driver's side though. Someone on the other board posted to use zip ties. I think this will work! Thanks anyways... I still want to know how to disassemble it in case something goes wrong later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah well I'm poor right now and trying to save money. A zip tie from the top of it to the corner (going diagonal) managed to snag and stay put. Let's see everything that's been fixed by this.

Interior lights that would stay on.
Unlock in park/lock in drive function.
Remote door lock.
Driver side power lock function.
Battery draining/in general lower voltage during driving.
Radio that sometimes wouldn't turn off when exiting vehicle.

There are probably more things I've been living with and forgot to mention. This thing can cause a whole hell of a lot of problems...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts