Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While researching the Foose wheels i bought Mr. Please and a couple of others said "Dont get those 34mm offset, you'll regret it" You guys could not have been more correct. Less then 24hrs after installing them I can't really drive the car. The rear rubs way to much. I looked at renting the roller, and spent all day going from shop to shop looking for someone to do it for me. Ever shop said the same thing- Im not touching that, what if the paint cracks? The last of the six shops said they'd do it but for $320.00 just for the rear fenders!!! Even if I had that done, when i look at the front there is less then a fingers width between the tire and where the front bumper begins. Boo hoo for me! Im thinking i got to sell my wheels that just arrived and look freaking great. I never thought 4mm would make this much difference.:(

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
roll them yourself.. theres are website & i'm pretty sure others on here have done it too

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
damn that sucks! i've been there before on other cars i've owned. i don't wanna say i told you so, but...

you should of waited and got the other foose wheels that were off the dudes CTS for a few bucks extra w/ the right offset. i used to try to save a few bucks here and there but it always ended up costing me more in the long run. and not to mention the time & the frustration. so i try to do it right the first time now.

you got the ones that were off the STS, right? well, look at it this way. you can still sell these and your 18's and you can start over and get the right wheels. (+38 OFFSET THIS TIME!!!!)

p.s. don't roll your fenders... just get the right wheels with the right offset...

p.p.s. sucks cuz the rims look sweet and now you gotta put the 16's back on

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, sucks... back to the 16's and two sets of wheels at the house. I got a hell of a deal on both the 18's and 20's so i hope if i sell both for what i paid and can recoupe my $$$ and there will be people looking for a great deal on great looking wheels. The 18's are 38mm and the 20's are 34mm anyone looking to help me clean up this mess? If your down to roll fenders yourself $1000.00 foose wheels are hard to come by.

·
Registered
821 Posts
put'em on ebay or list them in the sts classifieds.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
^ listen to the man..

*edit*

if u had, u wouldnt be in this mess in the first place :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
:duh:

X

·
0 Posts
I don't know what offset I have but I have NEVER rubbed with my exact same wheels. Good God man. Can you change them out for the right ones? I'm gonna be sick for you. This is beyond bad.

X

·
0 Posts
$1000 for 20" foose wheels?
are they new?

I would almost surely buy those if I didn't have the exact same car as you :thumbsup:

that's a smokin' deal for somebody

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had them on my car for 24hrs...bought them off the classified section of this forum...tires are great rims are even better.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
While researching the Foose wheels i bought Mr. Please and a couple of others said "Dont get those 34mm offset, you'll regret it" You guys could not have been more correct. Less then 24hrs after installing them I can't really drive the car. The rear rubs way to much. I looked at renting the roller, and spent all day going from shop to shop looking for someone to do it for me. Ever shop said the same thing- Im not touching that, what if the paint cracks? The last of the six shops said they'd do it but for $320.00 just for the rear fenders!!! Even if I had that done, when i look at the front there is less then a fingers width between the tire and where the front bumper begins. Boo hoo for me! Im thinking i got to sell my wheels that just arrived and look freaking great. I never thought 4mm would make this much difference.:(
2 fingers.... i can berly fit a quarter between there. my advice is to install stronger shocks and/or buy tires with less meat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had a few sets of 20's on my car. They all rubbed and peeled the tires. All you have to do is get the fenders rolled. Here in my local area (Los Angeles) there are top knotch shops that will do it for about $30 per side. They do it to all their high end cars (bentleys, benzs etc..). ALso, depends what tire size you have. I had 245/35 and those just scraped a little when I hit a big dip...now I have 255/35, and all though they look better, they scrape alot more.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rob, that whole fox line and fox pic... has Koz written all over it. Shades of the wise old man...if I end up buying the 20's im eyeing now and they also dont work, i'll finally admit your right and just buy eighteens. But not until i spend a couple of thousand and waist all kinds of time trying prove you wrong.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts