Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
08 escalade ext / 04 xlr roadster
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow cadillac owners,

I dont want to come off as a pissed owner that has a single rant. I have purchased a 86k xlr and a 72k escalade. That is a big nut for two vehicles! I have had lousy service by cadillac on these two vehicles. The newest problem is the peeling paint on my door trim. I reported this to the dealer before the origional warrantee expired and had no repairs done. After purchasing the extended warantee ( thought i should with my repair problems ) and now bringing the truck back the dealer states the rep has to see. Well had that game played with prior. I contacted the rep myself. The rep. dicked around for months never addressing the problem. I contacted cadillac directly this past weekend about peeling paint and was told that "PEELING PAINT IS NOT A DEFECT" this is normal WTF!!! no repair shall be made.

By the amount of stories posted on this site about peeling paint cadillac can go scratch. I will never ever purchase a Cadillac vehicle again and I hope this story stops future customers purchasing their product.

I am sure there will be people out there to bash me for this but I ask you before you do how would you feel purchasing 150k in product and having the paint peel.

DONE WITH CADILLAC

Wayne

·
Registered
'11 Escalade, '06 Escalade
221 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, but no vehicle is perfect. My 2010 RR Autobiography had a problem with fogging in my headlights. I brought it in to LR dealer and was told that is normal. After a car wash it was horrible that the whole headlight would fog up real bad. I paid 120k and no help. Friend has a few year old Mercedes and its rusting, think he gets any help? They all have their issues.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Dear fellow cadillac owners,

I dont want to come off as a pissed owner that has a single rant. I have purchased a 86k xlr and a 72k escalade. That is a big nut for two vehicles! I have had lousy service by cadillac on these two vehicles. The newest problem is the peeling paint on my door trim. I reported this to the dealer before the origional warrantee expired and had no repairs done. After purchasing the extended warantee ( thought i should with my repair problems ) and now bringing the truck back the dealer states the rep has to see. Well had that game played with prior. I contacted the rep myself. The rep. dicked around for months never addressing the problem. I contacted cadillac directly this past weekend about peeling paint and was told that "PEELING PAINT IS NOT A DEFECT" this is normal WTF!!! no repair shall be made.

By the amount of stories posted on this site about peeling paint cadillac can go scratch. I will never ever purchase a Cadillac vehicle again and I hope this story stops future customers purchasing their product.

I am sure there will be people out there to bash me for this but I ask you before you do how would you feel purchasing 150k in product and having the paint peel.

DONE WITH CADILLAC

Wayne
I feel your pain,I have never had so many problems with a car until I bought an escalade. Hopefully the next generation will be on par with it's competitors as far as reliability. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey the Caddy is much more reliable than my RR. Seemed like the mechanics at the dealership drove mine more than I did. I expected more from it. Also no cooled seats, tailgate, no available car starter, horrible on gas (mind you 5.0L Supercharged was nice) and $500 oil changes at the dealer were ridiculous. I prefer the Escalade.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
310 Posts
I have to agree about the range rover! I sold mine to get an escalade and am hoping to have less issues. Mo $$$ mo problems on these rides! Shit is wack.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Problems suck for sure, don't know why you had paint issues, we service many Escalade's with over 200k miles and the paint in most cases looks very good for those who take care of their cars/trucks, many Caddy owners do not take care of their cars or trucks. It doesn't matter how much you spend, I have spent hundreds of thousands on the best Euro cars only to receieve much worse service than I get from my local Chevy dealership that services my Caddy's better than my Caddy dealership, but that's another story. If you want real problems buy a range rover, although my 2012 has only been to the delaership twice, of course that was 2 times more than my three 2012 Escalade's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to the reps many times ( mostly asking why they cant respond to my E-mail ). Seems they are very buisy ( they must be ). Katie took months never giving me a awnser. Very sad Cadillac does not stand behind their product even when under full warrantee.
They are so shortsighted - do they think I will purchase a new product from them NO WAY. I will tell this story 10,000 times. I never asked for any crazy request just dont want to have a "so called quality" product only to have it look lousy. I take very good care of all my vehicles. and there is no reason for this defect, none the less to turn their back and say that is not a defect ( peeling paint is normal ). by the amount of past topics on this issue there is a defect in production.

Cadillac keep doing this and see how many REPEAT customers they will have.

Like I stated DONE WITH CADILLAC!

Timbertoy

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
I babied mine as well, when it was not at the service department it was in my garage. One day when I was washing it I happened to notice that the paint was bubbling up at my rear quarter panel at the driver's side right at the wheel well. The next time I took it in for something I asked about it and after a lengthy wait involving everyone and their mother coming to look at it. I was told that the warranty was not going to cover it because it was cosmetic. They told me a rock hit and caused it to expose the metal and caused the paint to bubble. In the next five months or so the bubbling spread and there was rust under the paint that was nearly the length of the wheel well . I'm not a painter but I have been around enough cars with custom paint jobs to know when a surface is not prepared properly. Quality control is the issue. Amongst this, there was orange peel throughout the vehicle particularly on the upper rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^ do you have any pics of your paint flaw? If it was a flaw of a bad prep job, the whole escalade would of bubbled the paint as you say. Don't wanna be rude, but you seemed to have a problem with every part of your escalade. Doesn't matter what, your escalade fell apart. I don't know why everyone just doesn't get rid of their escalade and get a money pit Range Rover??? I've owned many, many luxury vehicles and can honestly say that I've had the least amount of problems with the Escalade as any other vehicle I have owned. And that's even comparing a $80k escalade to $120k vehicles which cost more that 1.5 times more.

Let me ask you Hannity... If you can't stand Cadillacs, why do you still keep coming to this site? Why don't you just hang out on RangeRover.net and talk about who's RR has been in the shop the longest and most expensive repair?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
^ do you have any pics of your paint flaw? If it was a flaw of a bad prep job, the whole escalade would of bubbled the paint as you say. Don't wanna be rude, but you seemed to have a problem with every part of your escalade. Doesn't matter what, your escalade fell apart. I don't know why everyone just doesn't get rid of their escalade and get a money pit Range Rover??? I've owned many, many luxury vehicles and can honestly say that I've had the least amount of problems with the Escalade as any other vehicle I have owned. And that's even comparing a $80k escalade to $120k vehicles which cost more that 1.5 times more.

Let me ask you Hannity... If you can't stand Cadillacs, why do you still keep coming to this site? Why don't you just hang out on RangeRover.net and talk about who's RR has been in the shop the longest and most expensive repair?
Because he is a troll ;)

Can you post pics of the paint issue problems?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Because its all a lie.. He's never owned one. He's some lonely guy who has nothing better to do with his time.

None of his stories ever match up.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Guys I can relate to both of your concerns and frustrations. I also have 2 Cadillac vehicles And have owned many over several decades.

I truly believe the customer service has become deplorable over the years and they are only interested in up selling service that my cars and truck don't need. Case in point I took my CTS in for oil change and they tried to sell me $700 worth of service, however the main thing they should have changed was the $50 air filter they didn't change it, yes it was bad and got oil all over the engine bay and under carriage. When they called to see how my service was I unloaded. That was 3 months ago I am still waiting for the service manager to call me. They simply don't care or are trained properly.

I do believe though other GMC or Chevy dealers are the key. They have been better at customer service for me. So its worth checking them out. For me it has worked and I seem to get better service. I also expressed my expectations early so same mistakes would not be made.

Lastly, its all up to the service manager if he/she wants to be helpful or not. So I do believe kindness towards them is very beneficial, including the service writer they are the first people to plea your case to GM corp.

Good luck with your trucks. They are great vehicles however not build as they use to be.

·
Registered
2013 Tahoe
245 Posts
The more expensive the car the shittier the service, I got ucky the dealership i use does everything for me, have you tried finding a new caddilac dealer in your area?

12,778 Posts
Wayne, I want to let you know that I apologize for not responding until now, but I have been away from the office from last Friday through today. I was notified of your call this past weekend and have reopened your case with us. I emailed you this afternoon and hope you will let me know how you wish me to proceed. I'm more than happy to contact your dealer again on your behalf, and if you're seeking any specific assistance then please do let me know those details in your reply.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Katie,

This is how I started with you months ago asking how you can help, so I have gotten no whare. I am sure you are doing what you are trained to do yet that does not help me or other Cadillac owners who have the same commom problem. When Cadillac directly will not stand behind its product why would I expect you at this time to help. You stated you e-mailed me, well I recieved nothing. My truck is going in for other other repairs this Friday.

Thank you for sounding interested yet after months of corrospondence with you and Cadillac I am no further along than when I started many months ago.

I appologize to you just " DONE WITH CADILLAC"! You can see how other owners feel about your service its not just me. When you turn your back on customers they become past customers not future customers.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That problem could have and should have been addressed by your dealer. Especially after you spent $150,000 in his dealership !!

I would go after the owner of the dealership and let him fix. If the only issue you had is one of your cars had some paint peeling I think your reaction is way over the top.

12,778 Posts
I'm sorry you feel that way based on your current situation, Wayne. I am indeed more than willing to address your situation and pass your case through the proper channels, if you would like to email me with your assistance requests. If I haven't heard back from you by the end of my work day Friday, 1/4 (4:30 pm EST), I will close your case again. It can be reopened anytime, however!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 20 of 101 Posts