Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our "online" store is currently stagnant but 2004 we will showcase our new product online.

If requested via E-mail we can offer limited slips, cams, heads, headers*, Turbo kit, NX systems... even custom hoods, or pillar pods if you want to change the look.

Ty
Domestic Performance

·
Registered
377 Posts
have you made a set of headers yet? any info on gains, price and install?

or for any of the items you listed? wouldn't be for my car now, to many miles. but thats the main reason i wouldn't get a newer aurora with the 4.0, not quit enough power. looking for low 14's, which is very possible with the 4.6

thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be first to say demand will decide in most cases but I maintain the motto "anything" is possible. Price is the only issue with this motto. We can easily have the pluming for the CTS CSC done. If you are interested in a twin screw SC, much better than roots style, we can set you up with a whipple SC adapted. Actually considering the space under the hood a CSC, or a Turbo is going to work the best with the stock hood. With a whipple SC you would most likely need a aftermarket hood. If there is serious interest we can chase the option. I need to know how many are interested. If you are interested send a E-mail with what style of “Power adder” you are interested in to [email protected]

Other than the basic issues of how it’s structured and how to rearrange the engine bay there is the issue of the computer.

The computer will be our first logical step. If it has already been dissembled we can start on the structure right away. If not we will start with the computer and start asking for people who are interested in a computer option for their CTS.

Ty

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Ty. Keep in mind that supporting vendors are permitted to bring things like this out in the open on other forums as well. You might want to start a topic in the CTS section to guage interest in a supercharger...

·
Registered
43 Posts
The MSD ignition thats compatible with the 2000 STS, what kind of gains am I looking at? And same for the larger throttle body.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of questions and I am knee deep in projects.

No complaint but makes it hard to keep up.

For the CTS it is a case of what has been done already and what is worth doing.

Yes we are going forward with headers.

We have decided to go with the turbo as our primary poweradder. This is based on quite a bit of research into results of other poweradders offered by other shops. I personally prefer the SC roots at that but that is based on the old big block engines of my childhood. I have to admit the gains and options from the turbo are much better for street strip use.

Throttle body..... The options like the Throttle body are great if you have higher flow but without a better flow already made possible by a larger intake and exhaust then the throttle body will add nothing worth noting. I wont sell you one unless I am sure its worth your while, or unless you just have to see for yourself.

Hang in there DP has some serious plans for this summer and we will be advertising for customers in the California area who are interested in serious discounts for involvement in the production of our turbo systems. With a cts expect a capability of 350-400 street able HP out of a turbo system. Obviously more can be made but the engine will be need serious mods.

Computer options are not as easy as we would like and this is more determined by cost. As it is it has been expensive and this has slowed the process down.

I am not 100% sure about the CTS computer but I am already looking for a donor to work with. I want to do the turbo very much.

On obd1 Aurora and Cadillac cars we can already do a turbo but the demand has been small.

Ty
Domestic Performance

·
Registered
6 Posts
How that Aurora intake+heat shield coming along ;)

LOL..I'm everywhere now Ty..lol

Good luck with the projects and keep us informed :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay, I have flowmasters w/o resonator, a cone style intake filter, Screenless MAF, and no silencer. Would the larger throttle body be worth it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The aurora intake is waiting for a Aurora in Fresno California to call us and set up a time for us to get out our crayons so we can make a mock up shape. lol

I see this one aurora all the time and as crazy as it seems I might just pull over and leave a note and see what they do.

As for the Throttle body.

Yes it is worth doing as in it will aid in the affect. But the issue again is the gain is slim without a poweradder ( Turbo).

I have been working extensively with the 3.4l lately and we now are finishing up a billet throttle body for them. With the turbo kit a larger throttle body adds an extra two pounds of usable up front boost. This is a big deal for that engine because the current turbo setup is still more in the late mid to top end.

So it is when you have a poweradder that I would be able to say you are hurting your performance by not adding the unit and I would suggest it as a must. Right now it will enhance your performance but it will be in small amounts.

We will be making more billet throttle bodies for other cars but it doesn’t make sense to spend the money until we have a turbo kit or other powerader to offer.

Ty
Domestic Performance

·
Registered
15 Posts
What about poss. mods for the Catera? I have a '00, and there are several Cat owners here who want to up the perf. on our cars but have zero support in the aftermarket.:rant2:

MAD :drinker

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually we have gone through many stages and decided to drop the coin. Basically the caddy computer has been done too a beta degree but the final step is financially tough so it was not something we were going to do lightly.

The headers will also happen but it is all the different formats that has made this slow.

So headers are still happening along with intakes for the older caddy. Proper cold air intakes. You will shortly see our dodge magnum intake kit and get an idea of the style of system we would like to make for the caddy.

We can already provide heads custom billet cranks and cams. Without a computer option we have waited. If you have a stand alone computer we will gladly arrange product for you and are wiling to help those who are looking for turbo help.

The first customer who brings there car to Fresno California or the first Fresno cali owner of a caddy who wants a full turbo kit will get the product at a reduced cost. We are affiliated with several full industrial machine shops, and tube bending companies. Otherwise DP is purely online. We use two turbo shops and an engine building shop for our prototype kit productions.

You are right smoky other than DP the chances of 96+ caddy development is slim to non.

All of the above holds true for the Catera as well. We are looking for any Catara who wants product made for them, Intakes are free for the first Catara and same with head upper intake work. All other custom products are at cost. Actually for the Catera the option of a V8 transplant is another kit we were looking into. We are doing this for the Bonneville and will be doing this combo for most fwd domestics.

Ty
Domestic Performance

·
Registered
101 Posts
OOOOOoooooooooo how about a turbo for a STS :) or supercharger for that matter.. I guess the issue is still with the computer :/ (i have a 99 STS)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a '97 Catera and I am looking to do everything I can to improve its performance (Cams, Flywheel, Turbo/Supercharger, Intake, Computer, etc.) Most of all I really want the speed limiter removed, but I want to do these things so I can at least get to the speed limiter faster. I am willing to help just let me know what I would need to do. My email is [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
mrman88