Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dome light stays on sometimes until I turn the car off. I have cleaned and relubed all the door switches. The other day when it was on again I turned the light switch (the one that is a dial and determines how long the lights stay on when you exit the car) and it immediately went off. I am wondering if I need to replace this switch and how difficult it will be. I do not wish to pull the whole dash apart. If that is what it entails I will disconnect the dome light. Any advice from you more experienced owners?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Catera
314 Posts
I understand you say you checked and lubed all the door switches but you may have a door jamb switch that has shorted out allowing the dome light to stay on. Im experiancing this right now with my driver side switch. My radio stays on after turning the car off and opening the door and none of the interior lights come on unless i open another door. Try playing with those push button thingys on the inside of the car below the door hinges and see if that does anything while the car is running or whenever you are having this issue. My two cents. Rock auto has these in stock for $16 included shipping and are very easy to replace. I just ordered one last night.

·
Registered
Cadillac
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea! Next time it stays on I will try and determine if it is a switch. I took them out to clean them and it does not look too difficult to replace.Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts