Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2002 STS
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if your STS does for your woman what it does for mine..... When we take it out for a night, it just seems to spice her up :cool2:

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
It's not a flashy/blingly car...Odds are girls would be more turned on by a new altima/camry/accord. I've personally yet to drive my car, but I keep hearing people not liking the seats after an hour, another strike against it...Get a motorcycle and call it a day!

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
My chick drives an STS... Turns me on.

Any chick that cannot see the beauty in an STS is not the girl for me. I've kicked people out of my car and made them walk before for trying to compare my Caddy to their Toyota.

PS... the only seats I've liked more than the STS seats are the Deville seats from the late 90s, but thats only because theyre like a couch. I think the STS seats are plenty comfy, and would actually prefer a stiffer, more bolstered seat.

·
Registered
98 STS
295 Posts
my wife drives the STS all the time, she doesn't like it at all when she has to drive our other car when i have to work on the STS.

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
If your sts or sls isnt turning the women on, you better throw some vogue rims and tires on that car. I did and boy does it make a HUGE difference :) :) :) ladies from 17 to 60 cant seem to stop staring. Maybe its because Im only 20 and have one of the nicest cars in town :)

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
If your sts or sls isnt turning the women on, you better throw some vogue rims and tires on that car. I did and boy does it make a HUGE difference :) :) :) ladies from 17 to 60 cant seem to stop staring. Maybe its because Im only 20 and have one of the nicest cars in town :)
Nice! I say save your money and buy an used hot tub instead. Even if one is married, a hot tub"experimental" opportunities... :D

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Back few years ago in University, I was walking with a friend of mine and at some point passed by us some freshly painted bright red pathetic little car (don’t even remember what it was) with a really bad paint job (I mean the guy only masked the headlights and windows and he sprayed all over). Every rubber trim and such was painted. He had dark tinted windows, and some loud (distorting) stereo and cheesy music, windows down, loud muffler, some huge book shelf on the back and bad taste body kit, you got the idea… Any way in the very same moment I was thinking “man what a stupid idiot” she said to me “look what a nice car!”. I did not replay in any way, but is something that tells a lot.
Years later when she saw my car her words exactly “why is the hood on this car so long!”. Well I tried to explain, second most powerful FWD car ever made, V8, 4.6 liters and such, but she only add “is not cute”.
Is yet to find a female remotely interested in cars, or at least to know the difference between a bright red Altima and a V8 ’66 Mustang.
Ah… the wife of a friend of mine, we were walking to the parking lot of a big store in a Sunday afternoon (my friend, his wife and me). Usually twice a month there is a classic car display over there during summer. Her reply exactly “why are these old car so clean!” (as in, there are just old cars why bother).

·
Registered
1999 STS Z rated!
44 Posts
Women... well, at least my wife goes to car shows. She doesn't know what she's looking at but she goes. As for the STS, it turns her on alright, in fact, I lost my STS to her - that's all she'll drive now. I give her credit for at least recognizing a classy car! It's a 99 (HGs still good) so I figure I'll let her drive it and if anything happens, I'll just have to find a newer one.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Back few years ago in University, I was walking with a friend of mine and at some point passed by us some freshly painted bright red pathetic little car (don’t even remember what it was) with a really bad paint job (I mean the guy only masked the headlights and windows and he sprayed all over). Every rubber trim and such was painted. He had dark tinted windows, and some loud (distorting) stereo and cheesy music, windows down, loud muffler, some huge book shelf on the back and bad taste body kit, you got the idea… Any way in the very same moment I was thinking “man what a stupid idiot” she said to me “look what a nice car!”. I did not replay in any way, but is something that tells a lot.
Years later when she saw my car her words exactly “why is the hood on this car so long!”. Well I tried to explain, second most powerful FWD car ever made, V8, 4.6 liters and such, but she only add “is not cute”.
Is yet to find a female remotely interested in cars, or at least to know the difference between a bright red Altima and a V8 ’66 Mustang.
Ah… the wife of a friend of mine, we were walking to the parking lot of a big store in a Sunday afternoon (my friend, his wife and me). Usually twice a month there is a classic car display over there during summer. Her reply exactly “why are these old car so clean!” (as in, there are just old cars why bother).
I thought the 300HP N* was the most powerful FWD car. The 500ci in the 1970 Eldo fell back some due to the way they calculated horsepower back then, or so I understood. If not for that, what else would it be?

EDIT: No, IIRC, the LS engine in the last gen GP/Impala/LaCrosse did edge out the N*..... Nevermind :)

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Well considering the 306HP (right?) of the LS engine (conveniently omitted), N* kind-off falls back on the third place. The ’70 Eldorado had 400HP (per 1970 standards, witch are still around ~330HP per current standards).

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
Most likely to save money. GM already had the Aurora's G-Body structure in place since '95, so they didn't have to do much to it when putting it on the 5th Gen Seville for '98. It was already much stiffer than the old K-Body the '92-'97 Seville's ever were. At the time I don't think GM was serious about having a true BMW competitor, and most of the older generation preferred the FWD layout that Seville offered vs the 5-Series, E-Class, GS400, etc. Once the CTS came out in early '02, they figured they needed a real midsize competitor (aka the new STS) with RWD and more power. Too bad the new STS isn't nearly as good looking at the Seville.

·
Registered
'00 STS
154 Posts
Most likely to save money. GM already had the Aurora's G-Body structure in place since '95, so they didn't have to do much to it when putting it on the 5th Gen Seville for '98. It was already much stiffer than the old K-Body the '92-'97 Seville's ever were. At the time I don't think GM was serious about having a true BMW competitor, and most of the older generation preferred the FWD layout that Seville offered vs the 5-Series, E-Class, GS400, etc. Once the CTS came out in early '02, they figured they needed a real midsize competitor (aka the new STS) with RWD and more power. Too bad the new STS isn't nearly as good looking at the Seville.
Good info. I strongly dislike FWD...Why did I buy a STS? Because there are more thing that I did like about to justify my anti FWD-ism...In 2004, I bought a 2004 Neon SRT-4. Yes it was a Neon, but stock 1/4 mile time in 13.9 all while getting 30mph on the highway! I dumped a ton of money into it and got it into the mid 12s. I vowed I would never buy a hi performance FWD again. I broke that vow with buying the STS but I have zero intentions to race it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts