Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago, I had by CTS in for a few warranty fixes and had a CTS loaner for the day. Aside from the exterior color, it was essentially identical to my own.

However, when I got it home, it did something mine doesn't - the cooling fan in front of the engine ran for a while after I'd turned the car off. My old Accord would do this, particularly on hot days like we've been having recently.

But, my own CTS has never done this. I'm not sure if it's supposed to and there's a problem, or if there was some midyear change that was made (my '09 was built early in the model year, before the price increase, the loaner only had a couple thousand miles on the odometer).

Does your CTS cool it's engine with the electric fan after you turn the car off?

·
Registered
'08 CTS
189 Posts
Got my car back in Oct 07. It doesn't happen often, but the fan will stay on, especially on hot days. I can hear it when I walk past the car to get into the house.

·
Registered
Cadillac 08CTS Hot Lava 3.6DI RWD special edition
74 Posts
Left work, outside temp on the drive home 102 degrees, pulled into the garage and turned CTS off. No electric fan running... could it be I always turn the A/C off before turning the car off? But I have never heard it running after shutting the car off. My old 96 Jeep Cherokee and 98 Mustang GT did tho..:alchi:

Nick in Austin..

·
Registered
2009 CTS
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfectly normal for the car to fan itself when the coolant temp is quite high.

Nothing to worry about.

Frank Gonzalez
That's just it. I'm not worried that the loaner car did it. I'm more interested that my own car has never done it. Even during these last few weeks when we've been hovering around 100°F every day here in Houston. As I said, my old Accord would do it regularly, especially during the summer. So, it is a sound I'm used to and understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts