Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship: We have been discussing on the Luxury X thread on how we are treated when purchasing a new or used Cadillac. I am referring to the salesman or saleswoman at your dealer.So, lets make this a topic.Do you feel that the sales person did not qualify you properly when it comes down to a purchase? Do you feel he does not have the time of day for you? Does he know all about the car specifications or did you know more than him or her? Or Did you have a great buying experience.Were they honest and upfront and would you or not go back. :sneaky: Let us know.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My salesman was a good guy. He even admitted to me that I knew more about the cars than he did. The good thing was the fact that he was honest about what he did know and didn't know.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
the salesman at toyta that sold em the caddy was cool , but go to a caddy dealer to look at a used catera or anything for that matter and you cant get a salesman to leave the building to talk to you , been to all 3 local area caddy dealers drivging my very clean 94 deville and NOT ONE salesman has ever talked to me , i get more attention at infiniti and nissan than i do at cadillac , ill remeber this on my first new car purchase when i get out of collage , but i have always expected poor service and bad atitudes at any GM dealer , been the case ever since ive been driving , also why every car ive ever owned came from either a toyota dealer or a nissan dealer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stoneage_Caddy said:
the salesman at toyta that sold em the caddy was cool , but go to a caddy dealer to look at a used catera or anything for that matter and you cant get a salesman to leave the building to talk to you , been to all 3 local area caddy dealers drivging my very clean 94 deville and NOT ONE salesman has ever talked to me , i get more attention at infiniti and nissan than i do at cadillac , ill remeber this on my first new car purchase when i get out of collage , but i have always expected poor service and bad atitudes at any GM dealer , been the case ever since ive been driving , also why every car ive ever owned came from either a toyota dealer or a nissan dealer
Sometimes the problem comes the kind of people working, selling these cars. Poor trainnig, lack of disipline,and professional guidence.they need to take a hard look at themselves and work for that incenitive, like many of the jap showroom sales people do.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I always remember having good experiences when Id go along to get cars..... When we got mine, they were pretty honest...... And all other dealers we've been to, it seems like they waiting for you at the door.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AirJigga25 said:
Hey CaddyDen, What has your experience been like?:bouncy::mad:
I come from the old school of selling Cadillacs and running a dealer,and doing so, everyone and everything was up to professional standards.I miss those days when a customer purchasing a new or prenjoyed Cadillac were solid american people who supported the american built special dream automobile and remebered what happened at pearl harbor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
AirJigga25 said:
Hey CaddyDen, What has your experience been like?:bouncy::mad:
I come from the old school of selling Cadillacs and running a dealer,and doing so, everyone and everything was up to professional standards.I miss those days when a customer purchasing a new or prenjoyed Cadillac were a solid american people who supported the american built special dream automobile and remembered what happened at pearl harbor.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I read your post before you edited it, and Im glad you did...... :sneaky:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
My experience was interesting. Cadillac and Lexus had the best salespeople. The Lexus guy wanted a job from me by the time the negotiations were over, he said he "liked my whole style" whatever that means, i told him to pick a career and stick with it. Other dealers werent bad, they were somewhat condescending with comments like "oh well thats 70 grand you know" to which i would reply "great!!! money leftover for new wheels" Im not trying to be cocky but condescending car salesman really irritate me. All aspiring salespeople should remember...never judge a book by its cover, very often the worst dressed guy is the one with the cash. When I lived in Illinois I dealt with one of the top Cadillac salespeople in the country, Les Laufer at Weil Cadillac in Libertyville, and he is awesome, treated me like his most important customer even though i was only 26 when I bought my Cadillac from him. I cant really think of an awful experience, the thing is if you feel uncomfortable, walk away, theres plent of other dealers and salespeople

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brett said:
My experience was interesting. Cadillac and Lexus had the best salespeople. The Lexus guy wanted a job from me by the time the negotiations were over, he said he "liked my whole style" whatever that means, i told him to pick a career and stick with it. Other dealers werent bad, they were somewhat condescending with comments like "oh well thats 70 grand you know" to which i would reply "great!!! money leftover for new wheels" Im not trying to be cocky but condescending car salesman really irritate me. All aspiring salespeople should remember...never judge a book by its cover, very often the worst dressed guy is the one with the cash. When I lived in Illinois I dealt with one of the top Cadillac salespeople in the country, Les Laufer at Weil Cadillac in Libertyville, and he is awesome, treated me like his most important customer even though i was only 26 when I bought my Cadillac from him. I cant really think of an awful experience, the thing is if you feel uncomfortable, walk away, theres plent of other dealers and salespeople
Its a small world. Les Laufer and I, go way back to the Francis Cadillac days in Mount Prospect.Then Les and i teamed up togather at Weil Cadillac from 1990 to 1993.We still talk at least once a month and were great friends. Les is very respected in the Cadillac sales field.He has one heck of a following because of honesty. I am glad you associated with Les. :halo:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Les has sold my dad around 12 Cadillacs over the years, going back to Francis on Rand rd. He only sold me one, but thats basically cause i moved out of state

·
Registered
125 Posts
I never had a bad experience. The Caddy people know me though. Even at the service area I am well treated. They're great to me. My salesman saw me and offered me his car so I didn't have to wait. But I can remember in 1981, I decided to buy a new Grande Prix. The pontiac sales people wouldn't come out to see me!! Soon a used sales person showed up and offered to get someone to come out. I told him no thanks! He could serve me or no one! The others were shocked when I bought a new G-Prix from him! Though I did stop after working in the yard! I guess I just didn't fit the standard! I cut the check and I was gone! Lol!

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
"supported the american built special dream automobile and remembered what happened at pearl harbor."

hehe , ouch dude , to be honest my money goes where im treated best , so far caddy hasnt been nice but if i hear of a good salesman at a local dealer then ill go pay him a visit when its time for a 6cyl 6 speed CTS to replace the deville . as far as peral harbor , i didnt live in that time but my grandfather sure did , infantry in ww2 , sometimes i wonder if im one of the few that appricates what hes done , regardless of where the profits on the car i buy is sent , im still a american and as a veteran myself im proud of it (but a little prouder behind the wheel of the caddy )

cadillac probably has the proudest history because of ww2 , all of the tanks , allison crankshafts and everything else caddy did to support the war effort , but to have a GM division named after a french general bugs me a little , as much as those fried shoestring peices of potatoes

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Never had any problems with salemen. It's usually the service department that I have problems with, specifically service writers. The last thing I need is to be talked down to or bull-shitted by one of those guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
El Dobro said:
Never had any problems with salemen. It's usually the service department that I have problems with, specifically service writers. The last thing I need is to be talked down to or bull-shitted by one of those guys.
Isn"t that the truth.I beleive the service writers get a percentage of the total repair bill as part of their kick back.This is why they ask,do you need this or that, how about was this done lately? etc. on and on and on. :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have a major problem with Charles Cadillac in Bristol, PA. First, they were unhelpful and acted liek they didn't give a damn when i walked into parts, the guy ignored me and kept chatting about the Eagles to one of the mechanics. I asked for something he CAN order, and he basically referred me to GMs website and told me get it there. Second, I was supposed to go to a car show there, which was being held by one of the local clubs. They decided to change thier mind ONE WEEK from the show, after the flyers were made, about half of the trophys, and some of the dash plaques. The club had to scramble, and we ended up at a Home Depot. To top it all off, anyone that called and asked about the show, they said that it was cancelled even after the club told them where they moved to.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
The salesman that let me take a Fleetwood home is a pretty good guy. I only spent 30 minutes with him, but after about 10 minutes he made the first offer to let me borrow it for the night.

Even though it didn't work out, it kind of makes me feel loyal to him, and when I buy I'll most likely call him first. I was supposed to go by there today to test out a 3-yr-old DHS, and I couldn't make it. So I called him out of courtesy because I felt like he was expecting me.

For the most part, I DO feel like I know more about the cars than they do. I've seen three different Caddy salesmen who gave me the standard pitch about the new DeVilles. They emphasized the same points, verbatim--Three zone climate control, they use regular unleaded, the Northstar system is the engine, transmission, and suspension all tied together via computer, yada, yada, yada...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Caddy has been tolerable. They look at me as though I'm wasting their time, but they're not the worst. BMW! They were the worst. Seemed virtually offended that I even had the gall to show up on their lot in my Cadillac. Annoyed me quite a bit. Course service isn't happy to see me either, but they love the car, but won't service her. Too many modifications. ;)

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I have never had a problem with any car salesman, bacically because I was one for 27 years, and have gazoo friends in the business. Problems in the service depatrment have been few and far between. I basiclly buy only Cadillac or Lincoln and their service departments are usually a cut above. The Caddy dealer I delt with since 1993 just folded after 53 years in business in the same location. Sadly, I am now dealer-less as the next closest dealer is a small trip away and has a bad reputation - so I am afraid to go there. Need a new place to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
14 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy