Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if I need to get my PCM / ECM or whichever computer that controls the suspension reprogrammed since I have installed 24" rims and tires?

Can this be done with an aftermarket programmer and if so which one? Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
I'm at a loss here, why would you need to do anything? regardless if you have 18's 24's or 40's, the total distance remains the same. I have 18's and 22's and when they are side by side (obviously off the truck) they stand the same height (the bigger the wheel the smaller the tire and the crappier the ride is). I have not done what you are speaking about (not sure if it is even possible) so that is my 2 cents worth. Are you getting codes or error messages?

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
depends on if your overall diameter of the tire..

a 305/40/22 size tire will have a different overall diameter than a 305/45/22, (stock 22's are 285/45/22)

a 295/40/24 size will have a different overall diameter than a 305/35/24

I used a Hypertech Power Programmer for my 2000 Escalade to adjust the speedo to my tire height. Different tire size combos have different overall diameters. Hypertech has a chart for sizing up programmers to your vehicle model and year. There are some others out there, that's the one I used though. I haven't gotten one for my newer 06, but I'll be looking into getting one sooner or later. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
depends on if your overall diameter of the tire..

a 305/40/22 size tire will have a different overall diameter than a 305/45/22, (stock 22's are 285/45/22)

a 295/40/24 size will have a different overall diameter than a 305/35/24

I used a Hypertech Power Programmer for my 2000 Escalade to adjust the speedo to my tire height. Different tire size combos have different overall diameters. Hypertech has a chart for sizing up programmers to your vehicle model and year. There are some others out there, that's the one I used though. I haven't gotten one for my newer 06, but I'll be looking into getting one sooner or later. Just my 2 cents.
What he said. I also have the Hypertech PP and I can change the tire size if necessary. But I have 26" rims on my EXT and I don't change anything because the overall diameter stays the same. The profile gets lower but the diameter is the same as stock.

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm that makes perfect sense - besides the speedometer being off because of the tire size, did it affect your ABS computer or anything drastic?

I did notice my braking distance to stop was significantly increased ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts