Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2008 ext it doesnt look like it does anything. according to the manual if its pressed in and u open a door, the interior lights will not come on. On my car, they still do.

·
Registered
escalade ext
74 Posts
If you leave the door open the light's will go out. You engage this when you are leaving the door open for any duration.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, im not following. On my car wether the button is pushed in or out, it does the same thing. Open a door, lights go on inside and shutt off after a bit. r u saying with the button out the interior lights are not supposed to shut off?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said no it does not make a difference, I guess it made if you have short little fingers and need a longer shaft to grab. :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I think we are confusing the dome over-ride switch with the interior light adjustment knob (which if turned all the way also turns on the dome light).

The knob, in or out makes no difference (post #5 above) . The SWITCH, right near your foglight switch, is the dome light over-ride, which enables the door or hatch to be open with no interioir lights on. If I am loading or unloading the hatch area for a long time, I will hit that to save the battery (post #2 above). I am thinking the OP was talking about the knob (post #5).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts