Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Luxury with Bose audio and CD player in the glove box.
If it has active noise cancellation, how can I tell if it is working?

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Good question. I too, would like to know....
Well... not sure if this will help, but I noticed that when I am at a light cars at idle, the song I am listening to goes lower, but then when I start driving again it goes back up. I think for you to really notice it you have to really have your music turned up high. I actually use my phone, and play music off of that, I do not have a CD player. I have only really used my phone never listened to the radio. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Yes, all models have it...I'm almost certain that its under menu when in the audio screen. Just set it to medium on Friday during my drive home.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
This is from our owners manual:

Bose AudioPilot: If equipped, this
feature adjusts the volume based on
the noise in the vehicle. When
turned on, AudioPilot detects noise
and vehicle speed to continuously
adjust the audio signal so that music
will sound the same at a set volume
level. This feature is most effective
at lower radio volume settings
where background noise can affect
how well the music is being played.
See www.bose.com/audiopilot. This
feature can be turned On or Off

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
588 Posts
AudioPilot and Active Noise cancellation are two differnt things. In short Active Noise Cancellation is handled by the BOSE Sound System. It uses an opposing sound wave to cancel unwanted engine and road noise. Yes the XTS has it and no you cant turn it off. I dont know of a way to tell if it working. The system works even if the radio is off. Take a look around your headliner. Notice little speaker like grills like the ones under the grab bars?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I stand corrected...learn something everyday! Thanks for the info:)

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
Cadjiek said:
AudioPilot and Active Noise cancellation are two differnt things. In short Active Noise Cancellation is handled by the BOSE Sound System. It uses an opposing sound wave to cancel unwanted engine and road noise. Yes the XTS has it and no you cant turn it off. I dont know of a way to tell if it working. The system works even if the radio is off. Take a look around your headliner. Notice little speaker like grills like the ones under the grab bars?
Sure your not mistaken with the air temp aspirators? The grills at the grab handles take in air to sense cabin temp

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. Thanks Cadijiek.
The owners manual sure is incomplete for many of the vehicle's features.

Seems like we ought to be able to pull a fuse or something to see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
The two in the front and one in rear have little fans to draw in air that blows across a thermistor. These are for the three climate zones. Again nothing to do with noise canceling

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Mine lets me turn it off, my ATS also let me turn it off... Its under the Audio, then click the settings thing, it says it right there.

·
Registered
'14 XTS Vsport Platinum BDT and Black/Wheat
57 Posts
No ANC, cornering lights, or audio and rear shade controls in the rear armrest.

·
Registered
2013 xts
111 Posts
No ANC, cornering lights, or audio and rear shade controls in the rear armrest.
Don't forget hood emblem and twilight sentinel. Lets see how many people can come up with things that Cadillac has omitted over the past few years.

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
647 Posts
As far as things left out, how about automatic parking brake release and the motorized trunk pull down?
Auto break release. You do have one. After parking engage the parking break. When ready to go, just start the car, put it in gear and go. The parking break automatically releases. Try it. Mine does with no problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts