Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the escalade bose navi system play movie dvds or wil it just read the navi dvd disc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how d o u make it play movies while not in park, will the Navi only work in park too?

also, if i dont get the navi system and i get the regular one, can i switch that head unit for my kenwood excelon and still have it hook up with the 6 disk changer or does that become obselete.

is a bose system a "bose" cuz of the speakers, head unit or what, cuz i knw my kenwood has alot of advace features and i dont want it to goto waste

thanks alot

S

·
0 Posts
as far as i know the movies played in park is just for security, so you don't try to watch a movie while you're going down the highway ;)

Bose system means it's bose speakers, which are pretty good. OK who am i kidding, they're some of the best you can find. a good head unit will take advantage of newer technology, and it should just hook up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even with the caddy cd changer, thats good, i dont wanna get rid of that, ok i guess ill get the non navi head unit and then put in my kenwood,

has anyone else noticed tho that the navi head unit has more EQ features than the non navi head unit??

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
im sure with a simple bypass switch u can watch DVDs while in motion on the stock screen. I dont know about you but i would prefer the stock nav screen over any aftermarket one. Although i have the shitty 5 inch CD-ROM nav in my DTS and hopefully in a few years i will replace it with a Kenwood 6.5 inch flip out DVD player. But i hear if u replace any one component of a bose system, the rest will not work and you will have to change the rest out ( amps, speakers, etc.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok now that is an important matter to figure out

so does anyone know if u change any one component of a bose system (in most cases the head unit) will the rest of the system work as a bose??

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
you know im almost postive that Bose systems are not interchangable with other components. YOu would have to replace head unit, amps and speakers. Dont complelty take my word...its best to ask someone at a car audio store but im 99.9% sure it wont work. I was interested in a 96 Impala with the bose system a few years back and everyone i talked to said i would have to replace the whole audio system if i changed anything. Like i said if you could get the newer DVD navigation from the factory (i have the cd rom nav) i would take that anyday over an aftermarket system. Because i LOVE my bose and i use my steering wheels controls too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Caddy Man said:
im sure with a simple bypass switch u can watch DVDs while in motion on the stock screen. I dont know about you but i ...... QUOTE]

Hey, I've got that Nav system on my CLS and the DVD player drops out the video when you leave "Park". What a pain. Evidently it's OK to look at the nav screen, but not a DVD for the passenger.

Anybody figured out the "bypass" to make this work? I've got some ideas I'll be trying tomorrow with the connector at the shift lever but it would be nice to find out that somebody else already figured it out.

Andy

·
Registered
21 Posts
ADulay said:
Hey, I've got that Nav system on my CLS and the DVD player drops out the video when you leave "Park". What a pain. Evidently it's OK to look at the nav screen, but not a DVD for the passenger.

Andy
Uh, make that a CTS.

Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bose Speaker systems are usually 1-Ohm impedance. So they never ever provide a large enough load for the amps. Therefore, if you dump the Bose head-unit you have to dump the speakers. Bose uses a low-level signal from the head-unit. They also take data from the stereo and pass all of this to the "bose" amp. The bose amp actually Eq's, delays, amplifies and controls the volume of the whole stereo system.

There are devices you can get to tap in to the audio of a bose system to add more speakers, or subs. but thats about it. for the older models there are devices that you can use to get an auxiliary audio input, however the new '03-'04 models these devices do not work on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Anybody figured out the "bypass" to make this work? I've got some ideas I'll be trying tomorrow with the connector at the shift lever but it would be nice to find out that somebody else already figured it out.)

I've seen a post on here last week that stated a code of "1791" and gave it a try. This does work. I have a 05 deville and on the nav above the volume there is a small button with a music symbol. hold the button for about 3 sec. and a screen for "codes" comes up. put in the number, hit enter, then return. the caddy screen comes up and then I was.....ooopps - I meant my wife was able to watch a DVD while the car is in drive. no clue what other years this works on but try it before you guys go and start gutting up your wire harnesses:bouncy: Please don't drive and watch though, its bad enough that we have to deal with the cell phones! I just wanted this so that my wife shuts up on long trips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Paul05deville