Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Does it matter if your woman can cook?

• Yes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I am anorexic therefore it does not matter.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Doesn't matter at all. If she tries to cook and screws it up, that can turn to a fun evening too...you can always learn, and it'd be great to learn together. Me and my current -ex and interest used to have Mexican night or Italian night or whatnot. Both of us can cook great stuff, but we'd come up with a theme night and make dinner together, and top it off with "authentic" drinks, like margaritas for Mexican night, etc. and a good "authentic" desert. It was always a great time and a good way to spend time together, if the food didn't come out right, so what, it was still a great evening.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Its nice if she could, but other things are more important me thinks.

Plus I LIKE to cook, so long as I don't have to clean up.

My wife and I trade off depending on who's up to it.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
she doesnt have to be the worlds greatest chef, and i can cook to hold my own, but...

it sounds so old fashioned to say but

a woman who cant cook didnt get raised correctly

luckily any woman ive had the pleasure of being around long enough to like, have all ben able to cook very very well

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Cooking can always be learned at anytime. It should not be a requirement in my opinion for finding a lifetime mate. There are more important compatibility issues to consider. Put simply, if you find someone that meets all your criteria except cooking skills you may be foolish to discount her for that inequity.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I voted yes because I for one, can not cook very well...If someone who can cook well is with me, then the center of balance has returned :D

Seriously, I like for my girlfriend to able to cook because like others have said, it may add some variety to the menu beyond Mac 'n' cheese dinners and hot dogs...

Illumina's cooking favorites:

Ramen noodles with a side dish of hot dogs,
Mac 'n' cheese with hot dogs diced up in the Mac 'n' cheese,
Steak and caned potatoes,
Pre-packaged hamburger paties with cheese,
Grilled cheese sandwiches with a side dish of canned corn,
Ravioli with a side dish of Spinage,
Hamburger Helper meals of various flavors,
Fried chicken with a side dish of salad and veggies, real mashed potatoes,
Spaghetti with mushrooms and a side dish of various veggies,
Other things that I don't frequently eat...

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I voted yes.

I do most of the cooking in my house, but then again I also do most of the eating as well.

If a woman can't cook, she'd better excel in some other area.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My wife is a so-so cook in the kitchen, sometimes it's very good, and other times it's just so-so. She'll fry, bake or broil, but she's a steamer in the bedroom! :histeric:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Doesn't matter to me...my current girlfriend thinks that her microwave and regular oven are places where you put your bread and purse...yes, she keeps her purse in the oven (don't ask). I cook pretty good anyway...so it's not important

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
wht2000 said:
Doesn't matter to me...my current girlfriend thinks that her microwave and regular oven are places where you put your bread and purse...yes, she keeps her purse in the oven (don't ask). I cook pretty good anyway...so it's not important
Now how can you post something like this and expect us not to ask?!! :confused:

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
My wife can't cook a lick. I'd rather she stay out of "my" kitchen all together, as I am the cook in the house. :rolleyes:

My wife is completely brilliant in so many other areas, I think she probably just fakes not being able to cook so I will do it.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
doesnt matter to me ......i cook , and im good at it ....

desperate ugly guys like me threw the "option list" out the window long ago , only 2 requiremnts , a heartbeat and that they like us , otherwise its all gravy ....

really , it doesnt matter ....itd be cool every once in awhile if she cooked something as a surpirse ....

wait itd be a surpise if she wasnt banging my freinds.... LOL

laugh you bastards laugh!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts