Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an exhaust shop to see what my possibilities were, and discovered that from the cat back all the pipes were mandrel bent.

Is this normal?

I put a magnaflow XL on it, mmm shiny.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, barely noticed any difference from the muffler except amazing sound...

ANYBODY know if they have mandrel bent from catback? Is this normal? If not, it means the PO of my car did it, and probably the muffler too...

·
Registered
'91 Sedan DeVille Silhouette Special
439 Posts
As far as I can tell from experience and manuals, all DeVilles, at least, have mandrel bent exhaust pipe. Except for that retarded 2 1/4" turndown after the muffler.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Yup, my 91 had mandrell bend stainless 2.25-2.75" all the way back. I always wanted to get a twin pipe and weld it to it and make true duals all the way back....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ghost C said:
Except for that retarded 2 1/4" turndown after the muffler.
Yeah that thing is retarded. When I put my flowmaster on my 90 Coupe I had to use it for a day cuz I forgot to get a new tailpipe when I did the muffler change, and it was still quite. When I put my new free flowing tail pipe on it sounded great :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
ACDC686 said:
Yeah that thing is retarded. When I put my flowmaster on my 90 Coupe I had to use it for a day cuz I forgot to get a new tailpipe when I did the muffler change, and it was still quite. When I put my new free flowing tail pipe on it sounded great :D
does your car sound good? i was thinking about getting mufflers put on my car

how does the 4.5 sound?

how much did you pay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts