Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of them? Do they provide the shine and the protection from UV, environment that other products do? Your experience and insight appreciated!

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I use Souvergen by Pinnacle. Paste Wax. Expensive, butit lasts a long time and is excellent. Easy to use, and lasts and lasts.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,849 Posts
You are liable to get as many product endorsements as there are folks who use them on this subject. But to answer your question, I use only Zaino products (after trying many others) and have had nothing but great results. Wax is old school. It looks great when first applied, but doesn't even come close to holding a shine against products like Zaino. Polymers are superior for their UV protection, long-lasting shine and ability to bond with the paint. I clay bar both my cars once a year and apply several layers of Zaino every six months. For weekly touch-up, I use their Z-6 Gloss Enhancer, and their Z-7 Show Car Wash whenever I hand-wash the car. (Every couple of months.) While I like my cars to shine, I'm not a slave to keeping them that way, so Zaino fits the bill.

The finish beads (like a feshly-waxed car) until the next application. Fabulous stuff. Zaino has a new product out that takes the place of two of their older products. I'll upgrade when my current supply runs out. Sure it's expensive, but their Ultimate Protection Show Car kit for just over $100 will last YEARS. Their waterspot removal product dissolves hard lime deposits that are impervious to products like Windex in seconds. All of their products wipe off easily and work as advertised.

There are lots of great products out there; try them all if you want, then try Zaino. I think you'll agree it's easy to apply, gives an unbelievable shine that is better than any competing product and doesn't require constant re-applications to stay looking good.

Hope this helps!

CC

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
186 Posts
I owned a production detail shop in Beverly Hills for seven years and I would unequivocally say that all of the high end products like Zaino, Zymol, Souvergen, etc. are all excellent in their own rights. I still use a lot of the Meguiar's Professional Line products, as well as the new synthetic polishes and waxes, such as Turtlewax Ice, and Meguiar's Tech Wax.

The key to a deep shine is starting with a very clean surface. There are specific paint cleaners on the market, as well as, clay bars for taking off surface contaminates. Once you have a clean surface, you put on a good wax for protection. Polishes are usually just to enhance shine, but offer very little or none in the way of paint protection. That why I like to finish with a polish, just to kick the shine up to a higher level.

Your higher end wax and polishes are going to average from around $20 to $40 a bottle depending on the product. They're all worth it, and different people will swear by all of them, it just depends on what you're looking for.

"Good Luck" and enjoy the shine!

Peace,

Chief

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Yup, wax is old school. There have been leaps and bounds in car care since wax.

I personally use the product from our old friend Gary at Perfect Auto Finish. Not owned by Gary anymore but the products are the same.

As far as I'm told the other to brands which provide excellent product are Zaino and of course Griot's

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I think I'm going to order some Zaino product this week and try it out. Griot's is a little to confusing for me.

I look for easy on and easy off and the stuff from Perfect Auto Finish couldn't be easier. It's a breeze to work with and lasts almost forever. Oh and best of all, there's never any residue on anything.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
If you have any Zaino questions e-mail us and we would be happy to answer them, you will not find a longer lasting product, that is very simple to apply and remove :)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
OK great, well since you offered, here's what I'm thinking.

Use the Z-AIO to prep/clean the paint for Zaino products?
Use Z-2 like a wax / sealant / polish twice a year. Is this a polish or sealant or both?
Use Z-6 as a quick detailer just to freshen up when needed
Use Z-8 as an intermediate polish after washes.
Use Z-CS on top of it all when showing

Does that sound about right?

If you have any Zaino questions e-mail us and we would be happy to answer them, you will not find a longer lasting product, that is very simple to apply and remove :)

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
:wave:

Exclusively.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
OK great, well since you offered, here's what I'm thinking.

Use the Z-AIO to prep/clean the paint for Zaino products?
Use Z-2 like a wax / sealant / polish twice a year. Is this a polish or sealant or both?
Use Z-6 as a quick detailer just to freshen up when needed
Use Z-8 as an intermediate polish after washes.
Use Z-CS on top of it all when showing

Does that sound about right?
You have mail :)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
While I like my cars to shine, I'm not a slave to keeping them that way, so Zaino fits the bill.:highfive:

The finish beads (like a feshly-waxed car) until the next application. Fabulous stuff... All of their products wipe off easily and work as advertised.

There are lots of great products out there; try them all if you want, then try Zaino. I think you'll agree it's easy to apply, gives an unbelievable shine that is better than any competing product and doesn't require constant re-applications to stay looking good.:bouncy:

Hope this helps!

CC
Love that Zaino...it's the best protection that I've seen/used. I use it on my glass too for its UV protection and makes it easy to clean. Shine is easy to maintain with a wash and Z-8.:bouncy:

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I think zaino products are the best,as said before they require little elbow grease but provide superior protection and long lasting also,no one has mentioned using the clay bar,it's terrific and also easy and safe to use.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
For claying I use the Meguiars Smooth Surface kit. It's readily accessible at any store, it's cheap, I don't have to use up all my good detailing spray and as far as I know, clay is clay.

As far as other products, I'm very happy with the Zaino stuff.

I think the paint sealant / polish form Perfect Auto Finish is easier to remove, it literally falls off the car by itself. I applying that to my Jeep the other day and I was once again amazed at how easy it is to work with. Zaino is close but does require a little more effort. Both provide insane shine and water beading.

Now don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying it's difficult at all but it a fine comparison, that's my opinion.

I do like the layering idea of Zaino products and will continue to use them.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I think zaino products are the best,as said before they require little elbow grease but provide superior protection and long lasting also,no one has mentioned using the clay bar,it's terrific and also easy and safe to use.
Clay is a great cleaning tool and should be used every year or two to stop the build up of debris on your clear coat. :)

·
Registered
2006 cadillac dts
13 Posts
not to bring up an old thread but this zaino is this the stuff is online order only
is there a link i can get

also for my gold 06 dts what would be the products i would need ty

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Look at the post above yours and you'll find a Zainos dealer whos very happy to help us. My car is light bronzmist and the list I ordered is posted earlier in this thread

not to bring up an old thread but this zaino is this the stuff is online order only
is there a link i can get

also for my gold 06 dts what would be the products i would need ty

1 - 20 of 20 Posts