Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Caddilac Brougham Fleetwood
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i gave my caddilac a tune up changed the sparkplugs, spark wires, tranny fluid, tranny filter, distributor cap and rotor, changed oil , oil filter and changed valve cover gaskets. Problem was when I was putting it back together there was 4 small vaccum lines that were suppose to come together either 3 in a T or 4 in a T. I also damaged a decent size vaccum hose I need to replace. My car is not reading the gas gauge correctly and it is really really really going through gas like nuthing and it is really costly 15 dollars only got me 30 miles that shits not going to fly with me. Especially after a tune up it really upsets me. Wish this car was more community supported like my eclipse or my dodge charger were theres people out there that make online diagrams but no there is no diagrams I have found online for this car.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Jonnylightning71 said:
So i gave my caddilac a tune up changed the sparkplugs, spark wires, tranny fluid, tranny filter, distributor cap and rotor, changed oil , oil filter and changed valve cover gaskets. Problem was when I was putting it back together there was 4 small vaccum lines that were suppose to come together either 3 in a T or 4 in a T. I also damaged a decent size vaccum hose I need to replace. My car is not reading the gas gauge correctly and it is really really really going through gas like nuthing and it is really costly 15 dollars only got me 30 miles that shits not going to fly with me. Especially after a tune up it really upsets me. Wish this car was more community supported like my eclipse or my dodge charger were theres people out there that make online diagrams but no there is no diagrams I have found online for this car.
The gas gauge problem is not vaccum related. Everything else might be (although 2 mpg is really bad)
what year/ model is your car?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
There's usually a vacuum diagram somewhere under the hood. If not it's in service manuals. Things change a bit year by year so it would have to be one for your year to make sure it's right.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
There were two engine options for 1990; a 5.0 liter Oldsmobile 307 and a 5.7 liter Chevrolet 350. This is the vacuum diagram for the 307:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
FIG : Vacuum hose routing diagram-1990 Deville, Fleetwood, Eldorado and Seville

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Brougham d' Elegance, 1959 Coupe DeVille
33 Posts
If you plan on keeping the car for awhile an ALLDATAdiy subscription might be a a good idea;

www.alldatadiy.com

Sometimes processes/procedures/diagrams are missing but it is generally a good resource for OEM based repair/diagnostic info. Most of the necessary emissions-related stuff is there.

·
Registered
1990 Caddilac Brougham Fleetwood
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the 1990 Caddilac Fleetwood(RWD) Brougham. With the Vin Y 307 Oldsmobile 5.0l V8 autmatic. I need the diagram for this.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Jonnylightning71 said:
It is the 1990 Caddilac Fleetwood(RWD) Brougham.
It's just Brougham, not Fleetwood Brougham. In '90, the Fleetwood was FWD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts