Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the dash/trim of the CTS (non-V) and the V are interchangeable..?

I would like to take out the trim, including the wood trim, of the CTS Premium - and put in the piano black trim of the V...

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
The wood trim in the CTS is pretty nice. Don't know why you'd want to change it. The V comes with either faux CF (had it on my last V, thought it looked kind of cheap), or Midnight Sapele wood trim (very nice, very expensive, and very dark too).
The piano black is only on the center stack/console, and steering wheel. While it is very attractive IMO, it also scratches easily.
Have you considered wrapping the center stack/console? There are many styles available at a fraction of the price (probably) you'd pay to swap out interior pieces.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Does anyone know if the dash/trim of the CTS (non-V) and the V are interchangeable..?

I would like to take out the trim, including the wood trim, of the CTS Premium - and put in the piano black trim of the V...
Maybe after you actually buy a CTS you can search the forum and find out what you want to change. Nothing like having one, driving one and seeing how it fits your personality to see what you need to change. You can do anything you want, it all costs $$. If the CTS isn't what you want it to be don't buy it. There are very little changes you can do to a CTS without it being over the top.

Good Luck with your car search, then let us know what you need.

Marv

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wood trim in the CTS is pretty nice. Don't know why you'd want to change it. The V comes with either faux CF (had it on my last V, thought it looked kind of cheap), or Midnight Sapele wood trim (very nice, very expensive, and very dark too).
The piano black is only on the center stack/console, and steering wheel. While it is very attractive IMO, it also scratches easily.
Have you considered wrapping the center stack/console? There are many styles available at a fraction of the price (probably) you'd pay to swap out interior pieces.
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah... I thought about buying a good dash kit...

But don't want to make it "cheap" after market looking - not that all dash kits are...

That is why I just thought about switching the interior trim parts for the V...

Just wondering if they are interchangeable...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,171 Posts
They just have to be interchangeable. I have nver changed them myself, so I can not truly say, but I have absolutely no doubt they are, indeed, interchangeable. There are no differences between the two cars inside concerning the dash. (I have one of each).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts