Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My frend in Japan has a 99 Seville and his DIC shows Japanese.
However, he want to change English. Regarding to the Owner's Manual, DIC can show five language, English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese. So, does anyone know how to do that?
Please advice.

Thank you!!:banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Tech2

Pretty sure you need a Tech2. I did see some others post some cluster options on this same subject on other Cadillac web imformation sites. Those procedures are correct for older cars up thru '95.

The newer cars pretty much require a Tech2 to do anything like program remotes etc. There is also a new system called CAN used on the new Saturn ION. Requires yet another module on top of a Tech2.

Logan

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
THAT LITTLE BOOGER FOR 2800!!!!! :shocked: . Will most dealers do stuff with a techII for free?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ok, lets say i wanted some stuff reprogrammed, how long would it take for a caddy dealer to program stuff in with one of these puppies?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Tech2

To change the country....maybe 10 minutes. Program remotes...again maybe 10 minutes. Using a Tech2 and a Techline terminal maybe 45 minutes to program a PCM.

If you do diagnostic work on GMs you have to have one of these. It allows access to of course powertrain codes but also other system codes. A good example is door module codes for a Corvette. Other scan tools cant do that. Also some codes are available only by using the 'factory' scan tool.

The real cool stuff is the bi-directional control. This allows you to turn things on and off. A good example is you can command the fuel injectors off one by one. This rapidly determines a misfiring cylinder. You can also control EGR valves, cooling fans, fuel pumps etc.

Other examples would be running ABS pump motors and cycle trans solenoids.

Logan

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Do you know if you can rent one? I think it would be fun to play around with it, just to see what it can do!!!! (and without having to pay the dealer)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ok, thanks. How much would imagine that a dealer would charge to do stuff with a techII

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
elwesso