Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else here collects car brochures like I do.

I have been collecting them from every new car auto show since I was 5 (1992). I dont keep many of them for more than a year. It's just something I find of interest. Its something that I like to page through when I get bored. My mother always thought It was odd how I did this, but I never saw anything wrong with it. Maybe I have OCD or something :hmm:

Does anyone else collect car brochures also?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
I have a small collection. First year for Viper and stuff like that.

I also have a bunch of '80's JDM brochures that I got from a penpal. One Honda brochure has Micheal Fox on the cover.

I also have a brochure for the '67 Coupe De Ville I used to own.

But latley, they've become more clutter I don't need!! :annoyed:

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
I have TONS of magazine articles, magazine ads, magazine reviews, original brochures, hardcover books, and VHS videos for the Q45. I also have one article and a 1988 brochure for the Mazda 929. I'd like to start a small collection for the 92+ Eldo.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I used to but I have had to move a lot and those things really end up wieghing a lot. I started tossing stuff that had no sentimental value a few years back. I still have a few laying around here and there, but I kind of gave up.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Somewhere in my house is a box full of them. Whenever the autoshow comes around, the box gets a bit fuller. The more common makes for the past 5 years, Cadillac ones since the late 80s, Lincoln ones from the same time frame. Whenever the Lincoln went in for service, straight to the brochure area I would go and grab anything interesting.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
I was wondering if anyone else here collects car brochures like I do.

I have been collecting them from every new car auto show since I was 5 (1992). I dont keep many of them for more than a year. It's just something I find of interest. Its something that I like to page through when I get bored. My mother always thought It was odd how I did this, but I never saw anything wrong with it. Maybe I have OCD or something :hmm:

Does anyone else collect car brochures also?
I have a collection, but it wasn't intentional. They're just so pretty I didn't want to throw them away.

I have one for the 1987 Acura Legend I used to own. The brochure is in pristine condition and even though the body style is a little dated, looking at the brochure I'd love to have a new one just like it right now!

I also have a couple for the 2000 Accord and Prelude. Most of the collection now is 2004-2005 SUV's. The Infiniti FX brochure is one of the best I've ever seen. They guarded those with their lives, but I managed to get one after I took a test-drive.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, I think the mid nineties GM brochures are great. I have the 1995 Buick Full Line brochure, and it covers all the models, and gives like 6-10 pages to each model. It around 100 pages on good high quality, glossy paper with high quality color images. My 1993 Oldsmobile full line brochure is the same too.
My '92 Cadillac Full Line brochure is excellent also. It must be 10x10 with about 80 pages, about 8-10 pages devoted to each model, with fold out pictures.
Its wierd how GM didnt make brochures about a single model until recently, will Ford made brochures for individual models and full lines for quite a while.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I just remembered, somewhere my father has some concept car brochures from GM in the late 40's and early 50's. Unbelievable. Probably worth a mint on eBay.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mccombie_5 said:
THem second hand filing cabinets are useful.
Yeah I would like to devote a whole filing cabinet to car brochures, but parents say no, so I just keep the old ones in a box in my trunk :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Yeah I would like to devote a whole filing cabinet to car brochures, but parents say no, so I just keep the old ones in a box in my trunk :D
Mine is up in the attic, takes up maybe 2ft square

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I buy old car brochures at auto shows. This place called PJ's Literature has a huge selection and they go to many car shows. www.pjsautolit.com

So far I have bought ones for: 1978 Cadillac full line, 1978 Lincoln Continental/Town Car, 1993 Oldsmobile full line, 1995 Buick Full line, 1993 Lincoln Town Car, 1992 Cadillac Full Line, 1995 Ford F-Series.

Next to buy are: 1992 Pontiac full line (just like the one I had when I was five) 1995 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight, 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora, 1972 Lincoln Mark IV, 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1987 Cadillac Brougham, 1995 Cadillac Full line, and one for the 1992-99 Mercedes S Class, and many more :)

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I have one of the largest collections (not for sale/profit) held in America. It begins in 1958 and comes forward to 2005. It takes up 45 filing cabinets. It's 98% domestic. Also some color & trim books and facts books. It's been appraised t be worth around $70,000.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sandy! That is awesome! That is the size of the collection I eventually want to have!

What does the wife think of that?? ;)

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
She thinks that it's absolutely terrific, and has used her femininity & charm to squeeze a few very hard to get Ultra Super Duper Cadillac & Lincoln brochures, and most recently the 2006 Corvette for me who waits outta sight in the Town Car.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You use her to get car brochures? Cool, did you get a lot of the brochures by going to the dealers and getting them new, or did you buy some?

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Sandy said:
She thinks that it's absolutely terrific, and has used her femininity & charm to squeeze a few very hard to get Ultra Super Duper Cadillac & Lincoln brochures, and most recently the 2006 Corvette for me who waits outta sight in the Town Car.
Helluva woman you've got there, Sandy.

I used to collect all the car brochures when I'd go to the new car show, but they gathered dust and I eventually tossed most of them the last time I moved. I still have a few for the cars I own or did own. I managed to get the the full-size line and complete Chevrolet line for 1964 (it even has a meadow green Impala Sport Sedan like my Betty), plus the custom features accessories brochure for 64 on eBay. I also got a '91 Cadillac brochure on eBay.

I have several full-page spread ads for the '64 Impala that I've laminated to display at car shows. The ads and brochures are posted on my Web site in .jpg and .pdf formats.

The Old Car Manual Project is a nice Web site that has lots of classic car ads and brochures. Its Cadillac selection is pretty good.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My friend got a one page brochure for the '68 Shelby GT-500, it cost him $10 at pj's auto lit.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts