Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Night Wolf, I've been saying that for a long time. It's one thing to have true fans and owners talk about the good and bad points, but it sucks to have a bunch of trolls as members, that only hang around to use every chance to bad mouth GM and Cadillac. We could all rattle off their user names like a who's who of pains in the ass. Some are very young while others should know better.
As a side note, there was one guy on here that used every chance to bash Caddy, while singing the praises of BMW at every turn. I accidentally found him on a BMW forum while looking for info, one day. I started giving him a dose of his own crap by posting threads about recalls and repair costs about his BMW model. In other words I was Troll on his forum. We soon came to an agreement, I never go to his forum and he never comes here anymore.:thumbsup:

· Banned
1,068 Posts
I hope this place doesn't adopt an attitude of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" with respect to Cadillacs, because if it does, the true value of the place will be lost IMO.
Kat, so do I, and that is certainly not what this thread is about. It's about those that bash on every thread and never provide anything constructive.

ewill3rd, those are great thoughts, man. Probably some of the best stuff I've seen here in a while.:thumbsup:

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
This topic seems to crop up here on a fairly regular basis... and my answer never changes...

I think there are very few people who "tow the line" as far as any entire corporation is concerned... myself included. I am NOT a fan of GM and I never will be, they make several products that are anywhere from subpar to completely unacceptable in the market they serve. Ford to some extent, though quite a bit less, has the same problem. Both companies, and GM moreso, are in serious financial waters right now because of lackluster products, declining reliability, piss poor management and a host of other problems. I for one am not supporting either of them hand and foot.

As far as Cadillac goes, there are a select number of Cadillacs throughout the years that have always appealed to me regardless of what the rest of the brand is doing... classic Eldorados, 92-03 STS, current STS, CTS-V, Escalade etc. But thats as far as my loyalties to Cadillac go. I want to see Cadillac succeed but until things are at the level that I expect in some of the other brands I shop I will make no apologies for not owning one and not necessarily painting a pretty picture about the brand as a whole. Thats just how I feel. I think most here recognize my position and respect it, and while we do have a few bad apples, on the balance there is no other Forum I would rather be on because this forum has the best mix of members period.

I am above all else, a LUXURY CAR enthusiast, not just a Cadillac enthusiast.
You and I have been in dissagreements before and I'm not being a smartass. I truely wonder, with how you feel about Cadillac and in a broader sense GM, why you ever bought their products and what attracts you to this forum? Wouldn't you be more at home with a group of like minded people? You prefer German cars, and it certainly is your right to do so. Wouldn't you get more satisfaction dealing with others in the same boat? I'm not saying you shouldn't be here, just wondering about that in your case as well as many others. It's not about believing GM or any division is perfect, I sure don't, but if I had no major positive feelings for the corp., I wouldn't be here.

I truely am not down talking you for what you like or trying to push any buttons, I would just find it interesting to understand non enthusiests reasons for using this forum.

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Another major concern is unfair trading practices, especially Japan's long-term initiatives to artificially weaken the yen. A leading Japanese auto maker reports that for each movement of one yen against the dollar, it gains 20 billion yen in additional profitability -- or nearly $170 million at today's exchange rate. No wonder Japanese auto makers have noted their recent record profits were aided by exchange rates. And no wonder the U.S. trade-balance deficit continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

There are other issues, of course, but my point is this: We at GM have a number of tough challenges that we must and will address on our own -- but we also carry some huge costs that our foreign competitors do not share.

Some say we're looking for a bailout. Baloney -- we at GM do not want a bailout. What we want -- after we take the actions we are taking, in product, technology, cost and every area we're working in our business today -- is the chance to compete on a level playing field. It's critical that government leaders, supported by business, unions and all our citizens, forge policy solutions to the issues undercutting American manufacturing competitiveness. We can do this. And we need to do it now.

Mr. Wagoner is chairman and CEO of the General Motors Corporation

I posted almost exactly the same thing on a thread about GM layoffs and plant closings a couple of weeks back, and it's oh, so true!

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
Honestly? I am here because I had some issues with my 2001 STS and came upon this forum 3 years ago... Ever since then I found out that this place has bar-none the BEST members of any forum I have ever visited anywhere. Kids, middle aged and older adults... we have it all... There is no other forum I have ever been on that has such a vast diversity of tastes and demographics. My admiration for Cadillacs is only half the reason Im here... my admiration for this boards members (even you Randy :grouphug: ), is the other half.

People on this board understand what being a car enthusiast is about more than just about anywhere else Ive ever been.
That says it all!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.