Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the small :v: logo would be sort of a nice touch, without being too flashy. But I'm wondering how well the color matches the rest of the interior. I've seen pictures of like the Lloyds carpets, and they didn't seem to be an exact match. They also had a pretty big logo.

Only pictures I could find of the GM carpets was this:

I tried searching, but when searching with google, people's signatures really made it tough (words like "accessory" or "carpet" in the sig).

I also wonder if the V logo won't look overdone considering in the door sill there is also a V logo, and the carpet one seems to be in a similar location.

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
I have a set and the logo does not look overdone. It's subtle enough not to look like an afterthought aftermarket piece. They're expensive but clean up very nice no matter how dirty they seem to get. I have the beige color.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set and the logo does not look overdone. It's subtle enough not to look like an afterthought aftermarket piece. They're expensive but clean up very nice no matter how dirty they seem to get. I have the beige color.
How was the color match to the original carpeting?

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
49 Posts
I got the black interior. My wife saw me looking at carpets for my car. She bought them at the dealer for almost 200.00. I'll post up pics tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Matches perfect. I almost bought the ones with the big V logo.
Very satisfied with the ones I got now.

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
Here are some pics from awhile ago of my Lloyds w/the V logo....I REALLY like them....

I bought the black instead of the ebony and I like the color offset....

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't take it the wrong way, but pictures like that are why I asked the question. If my mats show up and the color match is like that, I will be pissed.

You say you ordered "black" instead of "ebony", does that mean Lloyd's has mats that are a closer match and you chose to have more contrast? Or that's simply as close as the Lloyd's mats get to matching the stock carpet?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Don't take it the wrong way, but pictures like that are why I asked the question. If my mats show up and the color match is like that, I will be pissed.

You say you ordered "black" instead of "ebony", does that mean Lloyd's has mats that are a closer match and you chose to have more contrast? Or that's simply as close as the Lloyd's mats get to matching the stock carpet?
Hahah....not taken the wrong way at all....

Yes...Lloyd's does have the factory color as well...but I saw the ebony ones (factory match) in person and did not like how they looked in the car....

The contrast really looks sharp in person....

BTW...I also purchased the back seat V mats as well....you will be really happy with them if you decide to pull the trigger....

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Black = Ebony. I like my $100 Lloyds and the larger logo. I was actually happier when I got them and realized how nice and big they were. Of course everyone has their own opinion....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Black = Ebony. I like my $100 Lloyds and the larger logo. I was actually happier when I got them and realized how nice and big they were. Of course everyone has their own opinion....
Yes...I agree...Black = Ebony....however....if I remember correctly...Ebony is a lighter shade of black that matches the GM factory carpet...

Black is the color that I have in the above pics....the "Ebony" or whatever Lloyd's calls them now should match the factory carpet...

Nonetheless...call them to be sure for whomever may be purchasing them....

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
Do any of these mats have an anchor point???. i really hate my stock mats becuase i have to adjust them ever time i get in the car..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Do any of these mats have an anchor point???. i really hate my stock mats becuase i have to adjust them ever time i get in the car..
Check with Lloyd's...you can get them either w/ or w/o anchor point holes....

Mine are w/o anchor points and they've never moved...the mats have a really "grippy" backing...

·
Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,596 Posts
The factory carpets are you're best bet if you're worried about matching. I've seen some ebony in person. They also have a more subtle attractive logo IMHO That being said, Lloyds is great stuff. It's a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aurora, where do you plan on ordering from??
I ordered them from partszoneonline.com I've bought a lot of parts from them over the years, and they have better service than places like gmpartsdirect, etc. I'd happily buy from Lindsay, it's just it is sort of a hassle with having to call or email to say what you want, find out the price, then call to do the payment, etc. You can't just order something up in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
Do you have a GM part number to enter for those mats? Just browsing through their directory only seems to show parts for the 2011 and 2012 model years.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
I have the premium GM accessory mats for the V. The color of the mat is very close to the factory carpeting but a little off. Said that, I still like them better than the over-sized "V" logos offered here.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you have a GM part number to enter for those mats? Just browsing through their directory only seems to show parts for the 2011 and 2012 model years.

Slithering_Joe, thanks for the picture. I do like the smaller logo better, and that match is pretty good. I sort of hoped the match would be spot-on, but what can you do. I wonder if a camera flash doesn't exaggerate the mismatch a little bit, though. I'll post my impression when my mats arrive.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
By the way, I can get that part number for $144 (list price is $165) ... accessories have less markup to begin with so the discount i can offer isn't as large as it would be on a similarly priced repair/maintenance part

1 - 20 of 25 Posts