Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a carfax report on my caddy just for the hell of it but I'm wondering if anyone here has access to them If no one does I'm going to buy access to them and I'll gladly check anyones vin on this forum for free of course.

If anyone has a chance to check my vin it's 1G6DW52P2RR700086

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
yes.

PM me your email

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Overall look very clean, ultra low miles (last reported 28K in 2002 when new title was issued)

And the car's first (and only listed) owner titiled it 12/21/1993.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Sure! I have 20-25 days left on it, unlimited!

It showed mileage discrepancy on my Suburban, but I suspect someone just filed the title wrong in WI. Wisconsin over 4 or so years doesn't required mileage, they just don't care. If you put it, ok, if not, ok too...

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
ocjmakaveli said:
I'm thinking of buying a carfax report on my caddy just for the hell of it but I'm wondering if anyone here has access to them If no one does I'm going to buy access to them and I'll gladly check anyones vin on this forum for free of course.

If anyone has a chance to check my vin it's 1G6DW52P2RR700086
On another note, WOW, your '94 was one of the very first ever built that model year--only #84 from the beginning. I'm assuming you have a August '93 build date?

On the other end, there's my '93 that was number 27,6xx --very close to the close of production for the first model year, being built in June '93. Matter of fact, what always seemed a bit odd to me was that, the original owner in Florida special ordered it to his liking, but did it so late in the model year, I'm a little suprised he didn't wait and get a '94 with the LT1. Then again, I'm kinda glad he didn't, but it still seemed odd to me--according to the owner's manual, he didn't actually take delivery of it until September of '93, by which time the '94s were probably already on the lot.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

I was just curious if the accident it was in about 2 years ago showed up or not.

I'm not sure about the build dates u refer too but I did notice that the rear bumper has '93 written on the inside of it.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
ocjmakaveli said:
Thanks guys
I was just curious if the accident it was in about 2 years ago showed up or not.
I'm not sure about the build dates u refer too but I did notice that the rear bumper has '93 written on the inside of it.
Well, yeah--all I meant was that your car was one of the very first '94 models to be built, with the vin # showing it at only #84 from the start of the Fleetwoods that year.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
ocj, I just sent it in your email.

Anyone else while I have it still?

Just PM me with your email so I can send it.

Tom

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm I'm starting to dislike these carfax reports I don't think they give enough info they show themselves to be some kind of car background report but what i have seen in checking out 3 cars including mine is that none of the cars actually state having been in an accident although they were repaired at collision facilities.

The odometer is even worse they usually only have a few odometer readings which isnt good for detecting a roll back.

For my car the last 2 times i took it to an emissions facility they always ask me my odom reading but its not showing up on the carfax....

for some other cars i have checked before itll usually only have a few odometer readings on there which isnt good for detecting a rollback etc.

I don't think I'll ever buy one not worth the money and if it cant detect what I would pay carfax to do then why bother.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Yeah, I was sorta dissappointed that it is not showing that much. Wish it had a lot more detail. It gives you an indicator only. Else you will have to dig on your own.

The cars I have run that I have history on seemed like they followed well, but again, no specific details.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
1994 FLEETWOOD94 BROUGHAM
178 Posts
Wow, Thanks For That Link Man,

I Discoverd My Fleetwood Came From Up North, And My Car Was A Lease Vehicle, Well, @ Least Shes Still Running Like A Champ.

Thanks Again Man

Dpgc23

1 - 16 of 16 Posts