Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the interior of an 06 CTS luxury edition center console with navigation? i have an 06 console without navigation and just bought the navigation console but im not s ure if it comes with the wood trim on the navigation panel of the console...i can upload pics to s how what i mean

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
Wood grain was a separate option from the navi unit. I believe the option for the wood grain was with the luxury option. While the sports and base did not come with the wood.

I hope that answered your question.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so my car right now has the wood grain but no nav, i bought the nav on ebay and it doesnt have a wood grain. was their ever a nav wood grain produced or is their a way to wrap it and match to the oem? ill upload a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Oh, yes the navi had that option to have the wood grain trim. Though not all of them. Hopefully it came with the wood.

KOT

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
you will have to go the dash kit route. I guarantee you will never ever find the wood laminate pieces that were installed on the luxury nav radios.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Unless you buy a navi unit with the wood grain trim and sell the other one. If your going to do that, might as well shop for a navi unit that my not work 100%. When you receive it, just swap out the face plate.

Just an idea.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 CTS
11 Posts
I have a Nav unit with the woodgrain face and have been looking for a black face. Maybe we could workout a trade or something?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
The faceplate comes off very easily. You should just trade those; it will save shipping weight and risk of damage.

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hey tequila kid, email me if your interested in trading face plates:

my nav looks like this and i want the wood grain, or if anyone else for that matter knows where i can get those 2 pieces

[email protected]
or call me 310 595 5076

- Alex

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

I hope it helps...

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup it does, i need to order those 2 veneer strips aftermarket or maybe tequila kid can trade me his faceplate

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also - how did you add the rear camera or was that stock for you - pretty damncool

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
also - how did you add the rear camera or was that stock for you - pretty damncool
It is not a rear camera. Notice the i-Pod? The euro CTS comes with AUX and VIDEO IN jacks and a TV module. So I plug in my i-Pod and play videos and show pictures on the screen. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
europeans! ur cars are always cooler, even when they are american! cool man...like ur dash...need to just get a faceplate!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
europeans! ur cars are always cooler, even when they are american! cool man...like ur dash...need to just get a faceplate!
Thanks! Therefore we miss out on XM and OnStar. I guess this was the trade-off. Good one!

Yeah, been thinking of hiding the wood too. But I have a 2010 wagon on the way (without wood), so I stopped investing in this one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts