Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my 98 Deville, with the regular suspension not RSS, goes down a hill and either turns left or right, I hear a rubbing sound. I usually take the corners at about 15 to 20 mph, if I go slower, I do not hear the noise. I have checked both tierods and ball joints, both sets are tight, I have to assume that because there is so little clearance in the wells that the tires are hitting, if this is normal, it would be a relief to me, the tire size is 225R16, which is the proper size for the car. It would be nice to know if I am not the only one who has encountered this, or do I just need to go slower around corners....:cool2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
maybe CV joints? they make that kinda sound somewhat when they are bad. i kinda thought my car's tire was rubbing but come to find out its bad CV joints.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
I'd go with powerglide on this one - check the inner housing - alot easier (and save $$$) if it's the culprit.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers lads, thanks for the suggestions, one thing i noticed, is the noise seems to come more from the rear than the front, I will check for cv joints, and the inner fender linings are ok, just some thoughts though, my deville has mudflaps on it, could they be bending forward and hitting the tires?, or the exhaust system hangers could be wearing out. Lastly I am going to check the rear air shocks, there could be something happening there, no codes though, its too damn cold to work out there, and I have a 99 STS to look at first with its asperator fan noise in the cold... Stay tuned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts