Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, do You have any experience with change big OEM navigation in Cadillac CTS I to Pioneer or Kenwood from ebay.com?
Pioneer:

Kenwood:

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,693 Posts
There have been a number of threads about this in the past. Unfortunately, with the current nearly-useless search function, it's impossible to search just this CTS forum (and/or the 1st CTS-V forum) to find the old threads.

Despite that, I did turn up some detailed threads that should help you.
https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/2004-2007-cts-cts-v-double-din-nav-install-kit.893625/post-15994553 (Note that's a classified ad, but it might help with figuring out what you need to do the Double DIN install)

Also look at the Alarm & Audio section of the sticky FAQ thread at the top of this forum - https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/faq-diy-guides-how-to-manuals.222292/.

There are other threads, I know, but without being able to filter the search results by forum it's just too cumbersome to wade through all the results. I'm sure there are also more recent threads, but again, the search results make it too hard to find those, so I'm finding these threads from 6 or 8 years ago. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,693 Posts
watching responses as I just purchased 05 cts v and was going to ask same question,good luck!
Here are a couple threads from another forum:

Again, I know there are threads here in the '04-07 CTS-V General Discussion or Appearance Mods forums, but I can't find them because the search on this forum sucks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It is definitely a bit frustrating to not be able to search in the subforums like we used to. Getting results from 24 different vehicle types is annoying.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's fairly easy and a simple process to put a different head unit in the vehicle.
You can even get real fancy and keep your steering wheel controls with a apac adapter.

I say simple trusting the fact that you're comfortable tracking wires, cutting them and piecing them back together.

I guess what is your question here?
Has it been done? Yes it has been and people are doing it and are still doing it.

There's nothing that will prevent you from doing it.
You will likely loose your oil health and basic car stats unless you really get into it.

Are you just wondering what it entails?

If so I recommend that you look up a wiring diagram which will show you which cables go to which speakers etc.
Some models of the CTS have a front center speaker in the dash. Usually it's shot and sun faded by now as they are nearing 15 years or older at this rate. That will be lost and not in use if you switch it out. You will have two tweeters and four speakers (no sub) You will lose that when you swap as well.

The stock amp really sucks and if you are putting a head unit in, I may recommend that you buy new speakers and wire the speakers from and to your new head unit bypassing the cars old system. You won't regret it and your ears will thank you.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
as ColtonCTS says.....it's a simple process. Pick out the headunit you want, buy the dashkit and it's really simple. trust me, you will want to bypass the stock amp. you can check out crutchfield.com and select the Outfit My Car section and it will pretty much walk you through. I didn't bypass the stock amp at first, but was glad I did in the end. I still miss that car:cry::cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You all VERY much for Yours answers, now i know everything about problems i will probably meet when i change oem radio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
wiewior145