Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does 2012 CTS 3.6L Stack Up Against 2008-2011 CTS 3.6L?

I'd like your opinions, facts, stats, etc on the 2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6L. Specifically how it compares to 2008-2011 3.6L models.

History:
I began looking for a CTS between 2009-2011 because 2008 may not have Bluetooth (depending on mfr date) and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money for anything newer. I decided on the 3.6L but was hit with a reality that there are close to none available within 100 miles of me (San Diego, CA). I understand this is partly due to the fact that 2010+ the 3.6L was the optional engine. I imagine the other factor is that folks love their 3.6L and don't want to sell them.

The 2012 CTS 3.6L:
I've decided to expand my price range and consider the 2012 3.6L. This is mainly because I can't seem to find any older 3.6L models. The only things I really know is that it is suppose to be ~150lbs heavier (partly due to large wheels), have 14hp more with more torque as well, and be 0.2 seconds slower on 0-60 (due to weight?). I'd like to know if there are other things I should know.

Thank you in advance. I've gotten a lot of info from this forum in my search for my first Cadillac and I hope to have it soon.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
The only thing I can think of where the 12 has it over the earlier models is it is a year newer. Period. Yeah, some engine "refinements", but they translate to "no gain, no loss" in real world usefullness, I believe.

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up finding and buying a 2012 CTS 3.6L. It's CPO with 16k mileage and about 7 months left on factory bumper to bumper warranty.

I'm now wondering if I should get the GMPP before the factory warranty expires?

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
As everyone says, it's a gamble. In this case, how long do you intend to keep it? That should weigh in on your conclusion. If it becomes a "keeper", then it might be worthwhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts