Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Seville STS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do 1997 Seville STS models have cabin air filters?

And if so, where is the cabin air filter located?

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
I wondered about that too some years ago for my 97 SLS, I wrote GM and they said no. So I'm guessing the STS is the same.

·
Registered
'97 Seville STS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^

OK thanks.

Unless I hear otherwise I'll work under the assumption that neither the SLS nor STS has a cabin air filter in the '97 year.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
I do not believe that it does. Thank your lucky stars.

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
Here's a slightly different question on the same subject: Some years ago, a local TV station showed a guy in a shop doing A/C "deodorization". I guess special holes need to be carefully drilled into the evap coil housing and then they had a wand that delivered a cleaning solution directly into the fins. I would guess the excess would drip or flow out of the condensate drain port. Has anyone heard of this process or maybe done it? I would think over the years, mold could start growing in there - especially in warmer climates. I've tried the old trick of spraying Lysol into the windshield cowl intakes, but that doesn't last very long. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
I've tried the old trick of spraying Lysol into the windshield cowl intakes
I tried that once. Never again! Never did get rid of that Lysol smell. If you look on top of the HVAC box you should see a "CUT HERE TO SERVICE" outline. That will give access to the evaporator. Then you have to patch the hole you cut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts