Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my '10 3.0 sedan. I am still trying to find my optimal driving position. Because there are stalks on both sides of the column the ignition switch is lower than I'm used to. I have the telescoping wheel out as far as it goes but the key fob still hits my knee. I don't have long arms or legs (5'7", 33" sleeve) but I was just wondering if others have found the same issue.

·
Registered
CTS ´08 2.8 SPORT LUXURY FE2 (EURO SPECS)
41 Posts
It would be nice to have the key integrated with the remote, so you don´t have the remote hanging around . Why so many american cars doesn´t have the key and remote integrated in one piece?

·
Registered
2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI
193 Posts
That was a constant irritation during the 2 days I had with the tester and the prime reason for choosing keyless start on mine.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI
31 Posts
yeah, same here...i'm 6'1" and the damn thing is either hanging on my knee, or i'm actually touching the protrusion of the key receptical. Very annoying. I've often wished i had the keyless start. Next time I upgrade, it will be a must.
cheers
demarad

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
671 Posts
Not only does it hit the knee but it also can make an annoying noise when swinging against the column. Makes one wonder at times if the engineers ever actually drive the car.

·
Registered
2008 DI FE3
202 Posts
My fairly simple solution to this problem was getting a key ring that separates (spring loaded ball and cylinder type, comes apart in 1/2 a second). I put the fob and other keys on one side and the ignition key on the other. If I'm taking a longer drive where the fob hitting my knee begins to annoy me, I simply disconnect the key fob side and stick it in the console or leave it in my pocket. Then it's just the key in the ignition and you can easily re-attach the keys whenever you want. Also helps if you forget something in the house and don't want to shut down and restart your car. Key ring is available pretty much anywhere keys are made.

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
Since i have the keyless ignition, I don't have this issue but I do notice that the center console in the CTS keeps my right knee closer to the steering column than what my 08 Pontiac G6 GXP does so I can understand the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts