Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
09 cts-v
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys... sorry, I usually troll around on these forums, but dont post a lot. Today is a different story.

I picked up an 09 V not to long ago. I have to admit, I feel a bit out of the game from the modification arena these days.

After reading this article from from lsxtv.com

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/bolt-on-cts-v-puts-down-535rwhp-runs-11-6-at-122mph/

I was inspired to call some of my buddies at their local performance shops.

This one, LEP (leperformance.com) in Las Vegas has a package for my V. it looks simple enough, but wanted to get others inputs about it prior to sending the deposit.

Code:
LEP CTS-V 600-630 BHP 

$ 1899.00

- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt - LEP LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout (LEP)
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- 160 degree thermostat
- Increased boost level 10 - 12 psi or 3 - 4 psi over stock
- Professional engine modifications, testing & PCM tuning (LEP)
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation (LEP)
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
does $1900 sound reasonable here? 2k is a very easy simple budget for what I would like to do.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I believe most people on this forum that have either modded their CTS-V's of had the modded generally are in favor of upping the lower pulley first, and then the upper as necessary to gain more performance. Visual detection of modification and possibility of belt slippage are 2 of the main reasons for that line of thought. Lower pulleys are more money than upper pulleys though and that is probably why they are pushing the upper belt mod.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I have a similar setup to what is described. Because I went through W4M I paid much less than $1900 for parts and labor.

It looks like what you are describing is the Lingenfelter kit (LEP should be "LPE"), which a few members have and is reliable. It costs $2595 on Lingenfelter's web site. $1900 installed is an excellent deal IMHO.

I say do it, it's not that much money for a VERY fast V that is daily drivable, as mine is.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
That's my car in the article. I'm very happy with the mods I went with.

·
Registered
09 cts-v
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one sic car you have there. I have been thinking about doing this, and my buddy texted messaged me the link, and I was hooked. I sent it around... and decided to pull the trigger on it. That article inspired me. Thanks!

@anonfrank - LEP is the shop here in vegas... but it looks like the same kind of setup that Lingenfelter offers.

I pulled the trigger on it and put in my deposit today. :) Hope to report some good numbers.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
You will like it, the only main reason that people do the lower is if you need to go back to stock you can, the upper you have to take it back in and get it all pressed on and off again... also the upper is pretty easy to see for voiding your warranty.......

and someone would NEVER wanna go back to stock :devil:

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
The ones i sell here for 100 bucks look just like stock and even have the groove to put the stock protector onto the end. They are really hard to pick out as being modified.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts