Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching stock wheels does the car need the tire pressure sensors to allow the car to go into comp mode and other options? I know it doesn't make a difference in Vipers and Vettes only if you want to see the psi per tire.
Thank you

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
After about 40-50 miles of continuous driving without TPS, the V will disable the monitoring system. Once it shuts down, full control over Comp mode and StabiliTrak is available.

The originally programmed TPS that were on the car need to be away from the V or else once back in range (sitting in the garage) the TPS system will re-enable and not allow Comp mode on/ST off.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Rick is absolutely correct. I have removed my sensors and stored them in a shed about 50 feet away from the car. Guess what? It sensed one of them that far away. I double wrapped them in tin foil and now the car can't "find" them...Driving CONTINUOUSLY (key word) will clear the system and all is normal after that. Just my .02 worth.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
And thus, when I drive to the autocross with my slicks, the system goes blank and I DO have the ability to go all off...
I second the motion! Summit is just at 40 miles, and when I get there with my track rims and tires, my TPM displays -- and I have full control of modes.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts