Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 06-07 V owner that is close to Hillsborough NJ and interested in making a few trips back and forth to UUC to let the guys take some measurements for a cold air intake for the LS2. It would result in a free CAI for you!!!! PM me and I will set it up.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
:thepan: Damn I have an 05! They aren't too far from me.

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
If you don't get someone to help you out by Nov/Dec, I could probably let em have my car for a week while we're up there visiting family.

All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmon fella's, only have had one PM and im not sure how interested he is in making a few trips back and forth. potential free CAI for the guinea pig. 2006-2007 only.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Already got a free CAI...you all should open a dealership out here in Texas! You can use my 07 as a guinea pig anytime!

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
What is the difference between LS2 & LS6 CAI?

Is it the Throttle-Body outer-diamater or something else?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Luke,

I was wondering what it would be configured like,

I am looking for a setup similar to the volant, free flowing tube (made of plastic to keep the temps down) and a box to keep the hot engine bay temps from getting into the intake.

BTW, my 07 has a tube coming from the Head to the intake tube. I believe this tube is to supply air to the crank case so I would want to keep that filtered.

2 ways of ding this:
1- add a connection to the new tube
2- add a small filter for the crankcase vent supply.

Thanks Luke.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I will be selling both K&N and Volant for the LS6 in the next couple of days. I will post a thread when I have pricing.
I would do it in a heartbeat if I were closer but 3,000 mi may be a bit much. If it's made right I will buy one though.

BTW, when the sales guy sells the car does he tell the new owner about this web site? Great source of information and you may get more bites when trying to do something like this.

Rob

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
I think it is just a matter of the TB diameter.
I think it might be something else.
I just got my 90mm TB and it appears my stock LS6 Intake Tube fits the 90mm TB perfectly.

So what makes the CAI kit for the 04-05 different from the 06-07.
It has to be something besides TB outer diameter.

I apologize if this has been awnsered before in another thread.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I think it might be something else.
I just got my 90mm TB and it appears my stock LS6 Intake Tube fits the 90mm TB perfectly.

So what makes the CAI kit for the 04-05 different from the 06-07.
It has to be something besides TB outer diameter.

I apologize if this has been awnsered before in another thread.
I Ditto this. I hust took a pic of my 78mm LS6 sitting on top of an aftermarket 90mm, and they are the exact same OD. I wouldn't think it would make a lick of difference.

-Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts