Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I don't. I thought that was a feature on all of them with the electroluminescent dash. Is it on the STS that has that? Did they stop it after a certain year? What gives? I know it has no bearing on the car itself and that I'm probably the only person who will get in my car and notice. But still it's a nifty little feature.

Where's AJ?? He has to know some nifty little programming nugget to change it!

PS... I took the Seville over to my brother's house last night and got a "that's phat" from my 16 year old nephew. Well how 'bout that, I have a "phat" car!

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
My 99 did the sweep, or calibration check, while my 01 does not.
Both cars were STS's.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems weird that they would have changed it for no good reason. It can't be nothing more than something in the software which means it should just be a fairly easy modification.

I've got a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts for whomever can figure it out...

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I presumed all the Seville models '98-04 had it .

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
My '06 V8 AWD STS on startup; both the tach and speedometer needles turn red and go to redline and zero then calm down and look normal. It looks pretty spectacular. Is that what you're talking about?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Yes, that's the operation in question. My brother's '99 Corvette does it also. I don't know why some 2001s would do it and others wouldn't. Must have been a rolling change that year. If I recall, mine's a relatively late build (April 2001 I think). Maybe the other 2001 in this thread is an earlier one.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
again
my dads 98 does not do it...
so it wasnt on all 98-01
it has to be some test feature thats turned on via tech 2

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
Yea, it would seem weird for Cadillac to decide to remove the feature sometime in 01, only to add it back in the new model. The CTS I does it as well.

For those who haven't seen what it looks like, or just want to see a vid ;), here's mine...

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
It seems weird that they would have changed it for no good reason. It can't be nothing more than something in the software which means it should just be a fairly easy modification.

I've got a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts for whomever can figure it out...
I have a box of them in my trunk since last Christmas; I will throw them in.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
My (85 year old caddy owner) comments to service writer: Must be something wrong with my gauges. When I start car, they sweep across to right and back to left. Since all gauges are doing it, it must be a centralized relay. Is this under warranty. My other car didn't do that. I have been a customer here for 50 years. I need you to fix this, or I will talk with owner of dealership." And service writers pull their hair out.

LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts