Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Is it just me?

Every week or so, I'll be driving along the highway, engine revving on the high side, then I'll look down, and be in 4th.

I am convinced this has to be a design flaw. I have two Pontiacs, a Jeep, and we had a Honda. I have never, ever done such a thing.

With the CTS, this happens more often than I would like.

I can't be the only one who does this...

...am I?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Uhhh no... I can't go from D to 4th without hitting the button.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Jon said:
Uhhh no... I can't go from D to 4th without hitting the button.
Not while driving. But when for example you are getting out of a parking spot and switch between reverse and drive a lot, then I also occasionally put it in 4 in stead of D. Not a big deal... I had it in my 70 Eldorado as well. ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dude, i do the same thing. but it happens on 2 occasions:

1. as you described, going from reverse to drive and just not paying attention.

2. (more frequently), when i'm trying to be cool and before stopping i downshift into 4, then 3, which usually causes the engine breaking to slow me down enough for minimal breaking. then, i seem to go back to 4 instead of D.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Fourth is far enough to the right of second that I've never slammed into fourth on accident. But then again, I have the manual. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I drive mine in 4th 80% of the time, 15% in 3rd. and 5% in drive when I'm driving over 50 MPH. Always downshift to 2nd when slowing/stopping. :sneaky:

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
ody, i think i have your problem too. i can't even find drive in my car. that and the top of my shifter only has numbers on it. 1-5 and one letter, but its not a d it an r.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Ohhhh.. Well, I've never had that problem. I just feel how many steps, it's not like I hafta count either....

You know what I do do tho? And this was really embarassing too cuz I was meeting my g/f for the first time... Going to park in my V, and going to 5th gear instead of reverse, and stalling the car....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
hahaha, been there, done that. not in the caddy though. i accidentally slipped my foot off the clutch in a drive through one time...the person giving my food was like, what the hell?! i had to back up to get the food, i felt retarded.

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, well, I'm glad to hear I am not the only one!

And yeah, it's usually when going from reverse...

I'll be driving for 20 minutes, then I look down, and sssssssssssshit!

I'm loving the Caddy and all...but I am kinda looking forward to April a little bit........... I miss the Trans Am!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts