Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask that because the two punks in the SUV that almost hit me when they cut me off and were hanging out the window flipping me off are very lucky.:want:

Was a time I would have used it.

I know, the thought of spending the rest of my life in jail is not appealing and that is why I don't carry one in my car unless I am going to the range, and even then it is out of reach.

BUT SOMETIMES!!!!!!!

Excuse the rant...........

I am better now.:alchi:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just started due to all of the New Orleans "refugees" hanging around here in Houston. People all around the Astrodome area started getting robbed. There were even a few murders recently. I don't plan on using it, but you never know!

·
Registered
753 Posts
My Kimber .45 goes wherever I go. For reasons of personal and family protection, its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

But, if you find that you can't drive away from road rage situations without reaching for it, leave the gun at home. It will ultimately have you doing time for doing something very stupid.

CR

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Colt .45 ACP always ready for action (concealed carry permit) but never used.

F

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
there was a rather raucous thread on this topic last year sometime; it started out with somebody asking for good places in a CTS to store his Walther PPK or some such thing, and quickly degenerated into a survivalist thread. A reader might have gotten the impression that US CTS and CTS-V owners were rootin tootin cowboys.

As I recall, our Canadian members were rather horrified........(and frankly it was not anywhere near an automobile related thread).

I like lowlows reply; maybe he's not that bad even though he keeps making us LOOK AT THAT FREAKIN' WHEEL.

:alchi:

V

·
0 Posts
You should have pepper spray handy and if you do go off the handle and use the spray at least it will not be like discharging a firearm at someone. If you feel the need to use a gun please take some courses like Lethal Force Institute. A person training you that acts as court expert cannot be too far off in his training. :)

Norm

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
41 yrs old,have carried a hand gun in car since 18yrs old.Never have pointed it at a human.Although I do believe I might be the only one in here that has shot a coyote out of his V window.Legal in KS BTW

·
Registered
753 Posts
6104696 said:
there was a rather raucous thread on this topic last year sometime; it started out with somebody asking for good places in a CTS to store his Walther PPK or some such thing, and quickly degenerated into a survivalist thread. A reader might have gotten the impression that US CTS and CTS-V owners were rootin tootin cowboys.

As I recall, our Canadian members were rather horrified........(and frankly it was not anywhere near an automobile related thread).

I like lowlows reply; maybe he's not that bad even though he keeps making us LOOK AT THAT FREAKIN' WHEEL.

:alchi:
I remember that thread.:histeric: It degenerated even further, from a survivalist thread into a US v Canada flame fest. Could we be headed for a repeat?:histeric:

CR

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't want it to degenerate to a flame contest.

I was just asking.

I do carry this BIG OPEN END WRENCH that will knock somebody into next week, but I have realized that being able to take a breath and just laugh at the idiots is a sign of maturity.:thumbsup:

Besides, there were two of them!:histeric:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
heavymetals said:
I have the same RUGAR!
I have put a lot of rounds through that at the indoor range over the last several winters.. lol You have to love a .22 doesn't cost much to shoot..

Bill

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I don't carry any weapons in my car.
Of course I don't have a cool Cadillac, I just work on them.
I'd rather not have one in my car because I am afraid if my temper was flaring up enough I might use it. The real problem with that is no matter how many times I get cut off, and no matter how badly, my place in traffic is not worth taking someone's life, or even shooting them to injure them just to "teach them a lesson".
I don't drive places where I need to worry about having a gun for "protection" either.

I am not a gun hater, I respect your right to "keep and bear arms" but if you bring your car to my shop to get it serviced, please remove your gun from wherever it is. I don't want it in there with me.

I do own some guns so don't take my statement wrong.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts