Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 3.6l Black Raven
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ordering a V-style grille off of ebay, I went to transfer my cadillac crest over from my old stock grille to my new one and noticed it was much smaller. I measured the size in between the wreath (the wreath came with the grill) and deterimined that it could hold the escalade sized crest. I looked around here at other cts's with the same v-style grill and noticed the insignia being alot smaller. Anyway, I ordered the escalade crest and it fits perfect and I think looks great.
What do you think:
p.s. sorry about my filthy car

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
No We don't use the escalade grill. Your factory crest is too small for the v grill and v style grill, you have to order the V emblem to fit. Those aftermarket ones sometimes can use larger emblems to fit, a couple guys have used the escalade emblem. I think they are too big imo. I never liked the aftermarket grills fit and quailty... that's what I got rid of mine and went to factory

·
Registered
06 3.6l Black Raven
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im not too happy with the gap between the grille and hood but i guess ill live with it for the $300 i saved

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Yeah, you got to be patient with the V grill's if you want one...you can snag them used for under $200 but that's alot of watching and waiting. I got mine basically new for around $250 I think. Which was good considering I dumped like $165 on an aftermarket grill that was complete crap, I had like 2 inches of hood to grill gap. Luckily the seller refunded my money after a lil paypal threatening

1 - 4 of 4 Posts