Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came upon the turbonator....i dont know if it works though. I read some threads from different sites and it is a mix match. What are your guys opinion?? http://www.turbonator.com/

Is it too cheap to be real?? If it were real wouldnt it be put in every car?? I just wanted to get some opinions on this item and see what you people think of it.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I've tried this on my sisters Z4 and initially the car had a little better throttle response and actually got 2 MPG's better then before the install. However after the next tank fill her MPG went more or less back to were it was before, the throttle response isn't quite as good as before wich leads me to believe that the computer has adjusted for the change in the intake of air. My daughters 98 Saturn SC2 maintained the slight edge it gave hers. The computers in our rides is so sophisticated that we can't improve on the status quo, thats why we still only see minimal increase for our induction and exhaust mods. Hopefully somebody will crack the ECU issue and we will be able to enjoy more improved performance from the upgrade'a that are currently available to us. I would'nt go down the turbonator road, use the money toward the TonyA mod, at least it has shown improvement that will not go away or towards a volant that will give you more, but it also costs more. Finding a used 3.6 exhaust also might be money better spent. Others I think will tell you the same.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Somebody asked about these things before and I think there were actually reports of them deteriorating over time resulting in pieces actually being ingested by the motor. Though that seems a little far-fetched to me, I still agree that the money could probably be spent better elsewhere. Go for the TonyA, its quick and easy and nearly matches the hp improvements of the Volant and K&N on our motor.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux/Sport
364 Posts
Absolutely worthless it was tested and found to decrease HP do to resriction in the intake. If it worked don't you think the manufacturers would put a 10 cent peice of vane shaped plastic in there. Just like the fuel ionising magnets on the fuel line "CRAP".:hmm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts