Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
I don't really understand what it is. I read it twice and still don't get it. It also looks as if it requires something else...

The only thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't get Nitrous Oxide because it's not good for your engine. There's a Firebird around here with it and it takes off like a jet. He has some Nitrous kit though, not this intercooler thing. Or maybe that too. Don't know...

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
That is designed to further cool the air that is currently being cooled by an air-to-air intercooler. You will find air-to-air intercoolers on most turbocharged and supercharged cars. You would just be wasting $600, as cooling the radiator in your car would likely only make it run worse.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
:confused: Intercooling/aftercooling a forced air induction system is an entirely different principle from throwing ice cubes on a radiator. (The radiator goes cool, the thermostat limits water flow, and the engine temp stays the same. No brainer, except for the marketer's wallet...)

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused: Intercooling/aftercooling a forced air induction system is an entirely different principle from throwing ice cubes on a radiator. (The radiator goes cool, the thermostat limits water flow, and the engine temp stays the same. No brainer, except for the marketer's wallet...)
AHhhh makes perfect sence

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
The Evo's have a factory installed intercooler spayer, that sprays cold water onto the frount mount intercooler. Car and Driver tested it, didn't make too much of a difference if I remember right, only picked up a couple tenths or hundredths, and that was during hot lapping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts