Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Do these dyno numbers seem right?

916 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  V-Guy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, 05 cts-v with the ls6. 232/234 .595/.596 lift 112 cam, patriot performance stage 2.5 heads, kooks long tubes, 4" cai, ported tb, muffler delete, car dyno'd 420 rwhp and 398 torque. That seemed kinda low to me. Any thoughts? Car was dyno tuned on the dyno jet.

#3 ·
What did it baseline at?

#4 ·
I have similar mods - Thunder Racing LS2 "CheaTR" cam (215/230 .629/.592 117 LSA); Patriot Gold "Extreme" dual valve springs, Volant CAI, B&B LT headers and exhaust, Comp Cams hardened pushrods. I just dyno'd 443/402, but we tweaked the timing a bit and it ended up a bit lower: 439/398. I would think with your heads, you should be pullng a bit more than me (mine are stock). But Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me Performance did my tune, and I think he's the best anywhere. (Just my $.02)

#6 ·
Dyno's are a tuning instrument only. That said dynojets are one of the higher ones so perhaps he didn't get it dialed in properly. If your AFR is spot on and you are running good timing with no KR then that is what you've got.

Post up that sheet and lets see what your afr looks like. Also ask him how much timing he got it to run at WOT.

#7 ·
First of all you cannot compare dyno runs from different dynos - there is just too much difference. As has already been mentioned, make a comparison against your baseline on the same dyno.

What is your static compression ratio?- that is did you mill the patriot heads any? With that much cam, which reduces your dynamic compression ratio with its long duration, having a higher static compression ratio to start with can make a significant difference.

#8 ·
Here's mine, just for comparison, since we have similar mods:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.