Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the late 80's, early 90's ones? The reason I ask is that I love the 94-96 Brougham, but I really hope its just the all-out smooth ride, not compromised for handling. Is this the case, or do the Broughams before it have a smoother ride?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm going to say the older gave a smoother ride, for the fact that they were heavier. I'm not sure how advanced spring/shock technology has advanced between the model ranges that it would compensate for so much comfort.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Spock, the older ones were not heavier. 4292 for the d'Elegance vs. 4478 for the reguar Fleetwood (Im sure the Brougham is even heavier)

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I've driven both, and I'd say that they're very close.

The steering control is much improved on the 93-96 model.

If there's a difference in feel, it may be because of weight distribution.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Around the time Sal was looking for his some people were saying that the 1993-1996s had a stiffer ride. I don't even know if I've ever been in one so I don't know what the difference is myself.

I thought they all had the same steering setup from 1991-1996?

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
brougham said:
I thought they all had the same steering setup from 1991-1996?
I didn't know that. I was thinking about the '87 model I had driven. I thought they were all about the same before the body change.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
With all the research I've done - and I've done a ton - they older full-size Fleetwoods ride a little smoother. Some of that smooth ride HAS been sacrificed for better handling. While the handling is A LOT better in the newer Fleetwoods, the smoothness of the ride hasn't been sacrificed all that much.. The Cadillac owners who've been in my car say the ride is MUCH softer than in Sevilles, DeVilles and other Caddys... So you're still ahead of the game..

I understand your concern.. It's nice to have the smoothest riding vehicle around.. If you want anything that's fairly new and respectible, it's either got to be the Fleetwood Brougham or the Lexus LS...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does the 94-96 fleetwood brougham ride softer than my deville I know it may sound stupid, but my 92 deville seems to be very softly sprung (which I like); I have my t/a to whip around in, I want the smoothest damn ride possible in my caddy, lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 95 FWB, it is absolutely the best ride I have ever been in, it is huge and comfy, plus my partner loves the " butt warmer" I bought it in KS, MO. and drove it to WA state, what a test drive!. It handles greaty in the snow also.....

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
RAMAIR57 said:
Like the late 80's, early 90's ones? The reason I ask is that I love the 94-96 Brougham, but I really hope its just the all-out smooth ride, not compromised for handling. Is this the case, or do the Broughams before it have a smoother ride?
The '94-96 Fleetwood could never be accused of compromising ride quality for it's handling. If anything, it's the other way around.

The first thing I did was compromise the ride quality in favor of better (re: safer) highway handling. I settled for a 'touring' type ride while getting 'grand touring' handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts